Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Resurrection

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar

Resurrection

Name: Resurrection
    Circles: Life / ?
    Description: Target dead Hero is brought back to life at the caster's summoning circle.

The MoM Resurrection spell. I didn't instantly put this spell in Biomancy because early on I recall Aaron saying Biomancy manipulated positive and negative energy to alter live flesh or to alter dead flesh, but not to bring back to life.

Biomancy makes the most sense me, but if that is out what about Protection since we are saving a life with this spell?
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    Yup, Biomancy is out... just checked the wiki, "Biomancy can't bring the dead back to life in their normal state".

Protection, or possibly Summoning. The lore for Summoning would be you're calling the spirit of the hero back from the ether and rejoining it with the hero's body. This would also put a time limit on how long a hero can be dead for the spell to work.
    Last edited by ampoliros; 09-06-2013 at 11:33 PM. Reason: copy/paste color issues

Hmm. I think you make a good argument for.Summoning. I'll +1 that unless someone makes a better case for something else.

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    +1 for summoning.

Arcane Candidate
    One problem with this spell is that I get really attached to my heroes so I feel compelled to learn whatever spell circle has resurrection.

Some solutions:

1. Put resurrection in Arcane
    2. Put a weaker version of the spell in Arcane that costs the hero 1/3 of his levels when he is brought back.
    3. Add a Discipline that allows you to research the spell.
    Last edited by Catquiet; 02-17-2014 at 04:46 PM.

Mage of the Inner Tower War Troll's Avatar
    62 Troll Drive, Troll Town, Plane of Myrror
    I was thinking Arcane but I don't think it would fit very well. Resurrection is of course a very powerful spell if it allows your heroes to return indefinitely. I would suggest some caveats/limits:

1. Make the spell cost more mana per level of the hero, say base 250 mana (as per MoM) +50 mana per 2 levels.
    2. Have spells/abilities that perma-death heroes (like disintegration, Finger of Death from AD&D etc). Dunno if that's already the case.
    3. Artifacts are taken if the battle is lost, as per MoM.

Resurrection won't be arcane magic. However, good news! On the Paradise plane, you will be able to find fountains that can resurrect dead heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoverdog View Post
    Resurrection won't be arcane magic. However, good news! On the Paradise plane, you will be able to find fountains that can resurrect dead heroes.
    That sounds really cool!

Archmage of the Outer Ring jamoecw's Avatar
    that is cool.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast