Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crusade

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar

Crusade

Name: Crusade
    Circles: Life / ?
    Description: All the caster's living units gain +1 level while upkeep is paid.
    (Keep tracking experience so the units will remain at max level if they have earned it.)

The MoM Crusade spell.

Just a note that previous discussions on + level spells seem to have decided that all the spells stack but that any levels above the unit's natural max level are HP/stats only, no new feats.

Sounds good to me. The effect circle is hard. Augmentation would technically work. I could see maybe Protection, since you could say the crusaders are sallying forth to protect their kingdom. Dunno. Augmentation is probably best.
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ampoliros View Post
    Just a note that previous discussions on + level spells seem to have decided that all the spells stack but that any levels above the unit's natural max level are HP/stats only, no new feats.
    We should probably get Aaron to rubber stamp this.

I always thought that in MoM, the level cap was the cap. If you were using Heroism, it auto-dispelled when your unit reached max level. I think it'd be important to be very careful in balancing the +level spells.

In MoM, you could hit the Level Cap +2. In other words, you could exceed the normal level cap by two levels if you took the Warlord Retort and cast Crusade.
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Troy_Costisick View Post
    In MoM, you could hit the Level Cap +2. In other words, you could exceed the normal level cap by two levels if you took the Warlord Retort and cast Crusade.
    Sounds right. (I'd forgotten about the Retort.) I'm mainly concerned with the "all the spells stack" portion. That could get out of control pretty quickly depending on the # of spells of that type available.

Caster of the Inner Tower
    +1 for me, nice good old spell.

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    +1 from me. Let's keep as many old MOM spells as makes sense around.

Keeping a lot of the older spells is a great idea. It's also nice that this is a solid spell and it references a solid card in MTG (at least at the time MoM was made - now there is a completely superior card to it but oh well).

Quote Originally Posted by Dracandros View Post
    Keeping a lot of the older spells is a great idea. It's also nice that this is a solid spell and it references a solid card in MTG (at least at the time MoM was made - now there is a completely superior card to it but oh well).
    Keep in mind that these spells are only discussions of spells that have been suggested. This wiki so far has the only spells that are likely to be in the game. More spells will likely be added as Aaron has time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast