Thread: Crystal Spire

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar

Crystal Spire

Name: Crystal Spire
    Circles: Earth / Summoning
    Description: Causes a crystal spire to erupt from the earth, damaging any units on that tile and then functioning as a destructible terrain obstacle.

I like it. What happens to the unit it erupted on if it doesn't die?

I would imagine that are moved to the nearest open tile.
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

Depending on the use of terrain (destructible and indestructible), this could be pretty cool but I'm not a fan of teleporting units to other tiles. I'd suggest that the spire _only_ stays if it kills. Otherwise, it breaks from inflicting damage.

Caster of the Inner Tower
    Quote Originally Posted by WyldeRhide View Post
    Depending on the use of terrain (destructible and indestructible), this could be pretty cool but I'm not a fan of teleporting units to other tiles. I'd suggest that the spire _only_ stays if it kills. Otherwise, it breaks from inflicting damage.
    I like that. And there should be a way to remove the spire afterwards, I would say, or it should disappear after X turn (X can be large, like 100, but it shouldn't last forever ever if there is no way to remove it).

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    'functioning as a destructible terrain obstacle' <- IE, if you hit it hard enough it is smashed. And it breaking if it fails to kill it's target works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Happerry View Post
    'functioning as a destructible terrain obstacle' <- IE, if you hit it hard enough it is smashed. And it breaking if it fails to kill it's target works for me.
    This works for me too. +1
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

Caster of the Inner Tower
    Quote Originally Posted by Happerry View Post
    Oh, my bad, I read that as "indestructible"... sowwy :s