Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Alpha Battle Board - Feedback

Downloaded now the latest and played a bit.
    Impressive, you are obviously doing some mighty good work.
    Here are the negative points:
    * The music - I hope it does not remain this constant melodious melody throughout the whole game. It's quite wrong for the battlefield.
    * Zoom works fine, but rotation is done only around some arbitrary point, and I didn't see how to move the battlefield around. This means that I cannot look at it from any angle. Thus, rotation plus zoom brings most of the field out of scope, but since I cannot move horizontally, I must unzoom to see more units.
    * Floating numbers. Lots of them floating around but not quite clear what they mean - especially when it's enemy's turn. In MoM, it was quite clear which unit moves now and attacks and who does it attack. In your battlefield it's maybe more realistic but more difficult to follow.

Keep going, you'll get there.

As I mentioned in the other post, I plan to update the Wiki with all this feedback soon
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Arcane Candidate
    Thought some of the figures on the battleboard (only having just started the game) lacked polish compared to other games and still need work. Sorry.

The whole design of the battleboard is kind of boring. There's no point in making a formation when the enemy archer just plunks away at you with endless ammo. There's no high ground or positions on the battleboard that lend any advantage at all.

In fact, the only reason to go to the battleboard at all instead of autocalc is because autocalc AI is so stupid that you'll lose half your troops.

It's got to be souped up somehow. I would suggest assigning defensive values to certain tiles, splitting it up across the 3rd dimension, and dependent upon the terrain, give some sort of positional bonuses to either the attacker or defender.

Mage’s Assistant
    This terrain modifier idea would be great, but doubt its practical to add in any time soon, would require a major re-write of the coding section I would think (not sure) maybe somewhere down the line as DLC?......realisticly probably not easy to implement soon.

I would settle with a hot-key to cycle next unit and target next unit :/

The game mechanics desperately need a space bar cycle next unit ...and enter to target next unit perhaps
    Last edited by tanktop4158; 09-23-2014 at 05:40 PM.

Neophyte Sorcerer
    Viewing angles, particularly when on defense, could definitely use attention. If I spin my camera around to be behind my units when I'm on defense, I can't even see them unless I've moved them up a few squares.

Mage’s Assistant
    Quote Originally Posted by Battledawn View Post
    Viewing angles, particularly when on defense, could definitely use attention. If I spin my camera around to be behind my units when I'm on defense, I can't even see them unless I've moved them up a few squares.
    Yea wish they were bigger....dont know if they could do that tho at this stage. A cycle next unit hot-key would probably solve the miss clicks I do :/

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567