Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alpha Battle Board - Feedback

Alpha Battle Board - Feedback

Hey guys! The alpha battle board is up for play. You can take a look here:

Web Based WoM Alpha Battle Board

Stand Alone WoM Alpha Battle Board

(The web version is over 100MB. The stand alone version gives you more resolution options and better performance. The installer for the stand alone version is currently in Polish, but we feel certain you'll be able to figure it out anyway, lol.)

Be sure to take a look at the “Controls” section of the Menu to get you started. (You can press Esc or click the Menu button in the GUI to open the menu.)

Now, before you start giving us feedback (which we really, really want) I would appreciate it if you took a look at the Wiki. I've set up a special section about the battle board here:

State of the Battle Board

Please look over the known bug reports and requested features before you provide feedback. We expect to get a lot of feedback, so we need to organize it. Also, I ask that you look for the appropriate thread to post your bug report or feature request in. (Moderators, I would appreciate your help in this as well.)

Keep in mind that we intend to update the Battle Board based on the feedback we get in the next few days. So, if you don't like something tell us about it.

Now, if you like you can go take a look
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Downloading now!
    Malleus the Magician + Fang the Draconian = OP

Archmage of the Outer Ring jamoecw's Avatar
    it would appear that multifigure units don't operate as multifigure units. both damage and to hit is unchanged whether or not you have all figures alive or one. i'm not sure if you wanted cover to exist or not, or range penalties, but neither seem to be in. combat is pretty simplistic for now.

At the moment it is using super simplified mechanics. We plan to change that soon. We have far more complex combat mechanics, just not in that build. We're doing the testing in stages
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Mage of the Inner Tower Endless Rain's Avatar
    My computer is having trouble running the game. At the fastest graphics setting, and the lowest resolution, I only have seven frames per second. Please add graphics settings that my computer can run better, since I can't upgrade to a better computer for a few more months. I don't make that much money at my job, so I really don't want to have to upgrade. Strategy games shouldn't need to require super powerful computers. You should be able to run them on six year old laptops.

Suicidal Angel Administrator doomtrader's Avatar
    Endless Rain,
    We are going to work on optimization in the near future.
    The full game will have many performance settings that will allow to make the game play nicer.
    First thing you might think about is turning off the grid. (Press G).

Apprentice
    First off all I have to say awesome!! Thank you guys for getting us started!!

The game ran pretty smoothly for me with the graphics turned up all the way and I don't even have a video card installed on my machine as I don't really game any more (yes thats right WOM is the literally the only time-waster worthy of my attention lol).

I am going to offer some feedback and you'll have to excuse me as I understand this is a the very first release of gameplay and I'm sure you guy are planning to implement this stuff in the future being the geniuses you are

I would definitely like more info displayed on screen such as: when i hover my mouse over an enemy unit its stats should be displayed.. your own selected units stats should be displayed at all times.. (pretty obvious.. I know you guys mentioned you'd have a customizable gui) same on the spell list.. more info

I recommend having a movements points indicator displayed underneath all of your units so you don't have to scroll though them all to see which ones have moves left.

Also I'd definitely recommend having adjustable animation speed.. as beautiful as the graphics are etc. realistically in a long game you'll want things to move a bit faster..

Also if you know for sure you want a unit to attack twice you should just be able to click twice on the enemy unit rather than having to wait for the first action to finish.. would feel proper.. maybe with faster animation it wouldn't be an issue

Anyway I have to reiterate.. pretty obvious stuff.. the resounding message I'd like to get across is GOOD JOB!!

(also I was horrified when units didn't counter attack - thought there was something I missed in the endless combat mechanics banter.. glad to see it was on the bug list but my heart did sink there for a moment lol)

Keep up the good work

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

bugs:

-when the unit info screen in opened and you click somewhere your selected unit will move.

-a couple times when i ordered my crossbowmen to attack they moved up four spaces.

-I can't get my clerics to heal my units (I assume they are supposed to have that ability).

---------- Post added at 12:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 AM ----------

Very minor graphics recommendation:

Just something to think about.. it might be cool if - when a unit is defending - each individual units turned to face the enemy as opposed to the unit as a whole.

MAJOR PROPS: its awesome that you can order more than one unit to attack at a time

---------- Post added at 01:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 AM ----------

I see I posted this in the wrong forum.. sorry about that :/

Arcane Candidate
    ARrrrghh, unity!! i don't know why but the dang thing crashes everytime i try starting it, same thing with every other unity game. So im glad you provided a download version too. Thank god. Will return with feedback

*Edit*

Faceplant.. same issue trying to run it on my computer I get a instant crash. p.p curse you unity.... why must you hate me
    Last edited by Jonkenden; 09-23-2013 at 08:11 AM.

Apprentice
    posted this in the wrong forum.. again sorry :/

I recommend having a movements points indicator displayed underneath all of your units so you don't have to scroll though them all to see which ones have moves left.

Also I'd definitely recommend having adjustable animation speed.. as beautiful as the graphics are etc. realistically in a long game you'll want things to move a bit faster..

---------- Post added at 01:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 AM ----------

*facepalm* can't figure out how to delete my post.. going to bed now :P

Acolyte
    Tried the alpha last night. The game ran smoothly for me. Is it possible to zoom in and out on the battle board?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast