Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Alpha Battle Board - Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnien View Post
    Tried the alpha last night. The game ran smoothly for me. Is it possible to zoom in and out on the battle board?
    Use your mouse wheel.
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

Indeed

Jonkenden, do you get any kind of error message? If possible, we'd like to get it worked out for you.

Also, the casting units can't cast yet. We're getting to that
    Last edited by Aaron; 09-23-2013 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Still working on my first cup of coffee...
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Arcane Candidate
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Indeed

Jonkenden, do you get any kind of error message? If possible, we'd like to get it worked out for you.
    Well that would be great, though don't have high hopes after mechwarrior tactics support seemed to give up.

I do get an error message but i heard it's a Generic message. I'll paste it here in a spoiler tag if i can manage to make one. Here is what i get from mech tactics

130923 14:31:12 ------------------------------------------------------------
    130923 14:31:12 Instance starting, version 4.2.1f4_4d30acc925c2, UNITY_WEB_ENABLE_AUTODOWNLOAD: 1, GetDisableAutoUpdates(): 0
    130923 14:31:12 Datafile http://worldsofmagic.azurewebsites.net/Web.unity3d
    web: player version 4.2.1f4
    web: load mono
    Mono path[0] = 'C:/Users/Joni/AppData/LocalLow/Unity/WebPlayer/player/Release3.x.x/Data/lib'
    Mono path[1] = 'C:/Users/Joni/AppData/LocalLow/Unity/WebPlayer/mono/Release3.x.x/Data/lib'
    Mono config path = 'C:/Users/Joni/AppData/LocalLow/Unity/WebPlayer/mono/Release3.x.x/Data/etc'
    web: start, src=http://worldsofmagic.azurewebsites.net/Web.unity3d abs=http://worldsofmagic.azurewebsites.net/Web.unity3d flags=0x1
    Also attaching the log from the game crash on my computer and my computers dxdiag. Along with a screeny of how the crash looks like on the web player

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3t...69sn/error.log <-- Log

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8s...DxDiagmypc.txt <-- My computer dxdiag

And finally screeny of the crash

unity plugin crash.jpg
    Last edited by Jonkenden; 09-23-2013 at 03:01 PM.

Abecedarian Mage
    Hey, it's great to get to see a little early glimpse of WOM!

I haven't played much yet, just one humans vs. goblins match. Spells seem to be powerful, which is what I expected. But I was a little surprised how deadly the ranged weapons, both bows and crossbows, are. You can quickly wipe out enemies with ranged units.

I didn't encounter any graphical issues and the controls did what I expected them to do. Obviously everything is still very much unpolished and unfinished.

Unless you do something horribly wrong, there's definitely potential to beat MOM here! I've missed this kind of battle board system in a strategy game!

I just saw the battleboard was available this morning so I only got to try it once. I played a Goblin versus human battle. I pick a fire elemental just to see what it did(Not Much).

First I noticed that the A.I. cast spells but when I open up the spell book it was all question marks. I probably missed something at the start.

Next is there a way to make the arrow keys work? When I open up the control panel. It was a bit confusing.

Like Torrin I was not able to get the cleric to do anything but die to a storm of arrows.

Of course I am at work now so I can't do much more that a quick report.

Anyways looks promising. Keep up the work.

Bug encountered just a few minutes ago: I had 3 Units of goblin archer, after first movement Phase and enemy movement they disappeared and were no longer on the battlefield. There came a FIREBALL from nowhere doing some dfamage but not enough to kill them so they just disappeared....

Arcane Candidate
    Quote Originally Posted by Rybon View Post

First I noticed that the A.I. cast spells but when I open up the spell book it was all question marks. I probably missed something at the start.
    By the way, only Fire and water spell circles are available in this version. So the reason you see ? marks is probably because you are trying to use a circle not available yet.
    Last edited by Jonkenden; 09-23-2013 at 07:25 PM.

Caster of the Inner Tower
    Works well for me (under wine, at native resolution of 1920x1080), I like having a "free camera" and a "fixed camera" mode, feels nice to fiddle with.

I've encountered a few bugs which I reported, and I'll make a few suggestions.

Great work guys, congrats !

Hi!

Let me share my first impressions about the Battle Board.

My main feedback leads back to two previous Master of Magic wannabes, Elemental: Worlds of Magic and Age of Wonders 2. I very quickly stopped playing both games, because the battles took so long. With a huge map with hundreds of monsters and armies to control, an economy to manage, with diplomatic relations, global spells and, well, thinking (as a strategy game is aimed to move your brains), I don't think a battle -however epic - should last more then 10 minutes. Age of Wonders 2 had huge maps with huge armies, and it didn't make the battles epic, just boring on a mid- and long term. In Elemental: Worlds of Magic it took 5 minutes to kill two first level spiders with my first level hero - and it was a very simple battle, just click-click-click, no tactics, no spells, no thinking. I imagined how long an epic battle would last, and got so scared that I never played the game again.
    In Master of Magic you were able to play battles that were both epic and fast. I see two reasons in that: one is, that in MoM if two melee units met, both of them were fighting - which resulted in interesting tactic possibilities, and increased the speed. The other, and main aspect is, that there were only 9 units allowed on each side, plus summoned creatures. To cut a long story short, I think these 15-16 units for each side is too much, and makes the battle slow.
    If you want to make a complex game with realms and huge map and research and economics, battles should be shorter.

Would there not be a "quick resolve" button ? Then you would only have to actually play on the battle board, when the mood took you.
    Elder Dragon, Grand Chancellor x 2, Conjurer x 2, and some other type of Backer

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast