Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Battle Board - Feedback

We plan to move the "Miss" text.

The damage numbers are still in flux.

Can you give us an example of when you would like the camera to re-center?

Also, can you give me a little explanation about the difference between using action points and movement points?

Thanks for all the feedback
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

* I think units should have Action Points instead of Move Points and 2 attacks. Moving full range and having all your attacks that round make it very easy to cheese an AI.
    The movement and attack mechanics are going to be revamped to something more MoM-y.

Played 2 random Goblin forces on the newest build, and it was difficult to tell which goblins were mine, once i started moving around the back of units etc. Some sort of colour identification would be great.
    Elder Dragon, Grand Chancellor x 2, Conjurer x 2, and some other type of Backer

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Can you give us an example of when you would like the camera to re-center?
    When the AI moves a unit. If I click end turn when I'm zoomed in on one side of the board I don't see what the AI is doing unless I remember to zoom out.

On a related note, can you provide a button to return the camera to "the start"?

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Also, can you give me a little explanation about the difference between using action points and movement points?
    I don't know if this is still the "in flux" part or not and if more D20 mechanics are yet to be worked in, but as is - full move and full attack seems OP.
    So, if you give units Action Points, then move takes some AP and an attack/special ability takes a bigger chunk of AP.
    In this way the player that sits back and gauges the enemy move range and then hammers the enemy with everything at once doesn't have such a huge advantage.

On a related note, how's initiative going to work in the final game? The ranged units all going first takes a huge cut out of the enemy force.

Suicidal Angel Administrator doomtrader's Avatar
    zdsdead, we are planning to upgrade both orcs and goblins to the color marking standards.

---------- Post added at 08:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 AM ----------

ampoliros, we are working on implementation of the full D20 mechanics, and I mean everything what fits the computer game.
    This should be ready during next week.

We'll also have to monkey with the camera mechanics. Obviously you need to see what the AI is doing when it moves.

Neophyte Sorcerer
    Catapults should only be able to fire once per turn and they should have a chance of falling off target.
    USN Ret.

Interesting suggestions. Let me consider them.

Neophyte Sorcerer
    v. 4.48: Case: all units are able to spend all their movement points even after attacking twice.

I believe each attack should consume at least 50% of total movement points.

The way things worked in Master of Magic:
    Each melee attack consumed 50% of total movement points. For instance, if a melee unit had 3 movement points: 1st and 2nd attack consumed 1.5 movement points (minimum of 0.5 movement points required). (As far as I remember, such a melee unit could move one tile and attack twice OR move two tiles and attack once OR move three tiles and not attack.) Each ranged and magic attack consumed 100% of total movement points.

MoM combat example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-LM6tiZ1oA#t=91

Of course, we don't have to exactly reconstruct the combat mechanics of MoM in to WoM. Instead, ranged and magical units could shoot twice in WoM like it already is. In any case, point is that both melee and ranged units should not be able to move at all after two attack moves (unless they have some special abilities). And if they attack once, they should not have full movement points remaining: instead something like 50% consumed.
    Last edited by Jtm; 10-04-2013 at 09:04 AM.

Movement mechanics will be refined alongside combat, do not worry.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast