Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Alpha Battle Board – Bug Report

Yeah, I can get my units to run off any time by simply clicking once again. It only happens when you have clicked an enemy unit and click it again while moving. Doing the same thing to unoccupied map squares within or outside of your movement rage doesnt cause this problem.

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

Ok, and the issue with getting green squares left behind occurs when you move one unit and before it has finished moving you click another unit and start moving that. Confusion occurs and extra green squares remain/show up. I even managed to get a stuck yellow square

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

I just saw the email about the latest version of the battle board.

"- leveling system (we can create 1st level Settler and 10th level Settler for example. (adding abilities points and new special abilities excluded) "

How can I see the level of a unit? And I guess we still have no special abilities to test?

I'm planing to dig through these bug reports this week and get the Wiki updated.

Clerics can cast heal and Orc Savages can go into a rage. (It's a start, lol.)
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Clerics can cast heal and Orc Savages can go into a rage. (It's a start, lol.)
    Cool, I have to try that out In the meanwhile you can reproduce the bug above to get your forces to run off into the forest.

Ok, I have tried it out and I noticed you can cast heal on squares where there are no units. I guess that will be fixed soon enough.

Also I think that the way you access the abilities is a bit unstructured... I like the idea of integrating it into the "ring" of controls but I would rather see the abilities directly there as icons instead of a spellbook which brings up a list on the side. Or maybe as a second ring with ability icons around the controls. I am guessing most units will not have extensive amounts of special abilities that you can activate?

The green markers on map squares is still a bit messed up for big units like dragons, catapults. Even though it is 2x2 squares in size, everything seems anchored to the lower left square meaning at some times it will look like you cannot reach your enemy to attack (since there is an empty square in front of the enemy unit because it is only considering the lower left square) while in fact clicking the enemy unit will result in an attack. This will of course be more obvious once there are mouse cursors to indicate the action taken if you click a square but its still confusing.

Also, if you click a dragon that has used up all movement points (but 10MP still end up remaining even though you have moved to the dragons full extent) the GUI shows that the dragon can move one step in each direction based on the lower left corner. Clicking to move does nothing and two of the moment range indicators are inside the dragons 2x2 grid.

A cosmetic bug is that if you don't cast a spell, then you end the turn the spell book will be deactivated (since its the AIs turn) but mouse over will display "you have already cast a spell this turn".

I really like that the units are starting to feel more unique now Previously all units felt more or less equally strong. Now the dragons can wreak havoc properly. Catapults feel quite useless though... Almost impossible to hit anything with them and the damage is not (very) impressive if you do manage to hit something against all odds. I can understand that a long range attack has some penalties with distance etc but catapults are catapults. Its a big "meh" to watch the slow animation (which is a bit off with the rock compared to the arm) only to miss most of the time That's a bit off topic though, tweaking/balancing.

Hi guys,
    I'm trying to run version 4.67 in a virtual machine (VirtualBox, Windows 7 64-bit), and it crashes as soon as i start it. Here's what it tells me:
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: Worlds Of Magic Arena Alpha_4.67.exe
    Application Version: 4.2.0.11237
    Application Timestamp: 51eaa17b
    Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
    Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.18229
    Fault Module Timestamp: 51fb1072
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 000222d2
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 3bd6
    Additional Information 2: 3bd6e56e30f2e03d23b9797ab634bb24
    Additional Information 3: c648
    Additional Information 4: c648afc1772dbd2d5c31e51686fe3acf

You probably already know of this, but after a first battle or so on windowed mode, the next battle will be blue and white. By that I mean that the screen will show a jagged mix of blue and white instead of the board. The board is still there, and I can do things, but I can't see what I'm doing. This never occurs on the first battle (of running the game, in both arena and story). I have found a fix for it though: I just move the window and it goes to the way it should be. I unfortunately don't have a picture, as I didn't think to take one, and I don't have time to replicate it tonight. It's a minor and probably known bug, but a bug nonetheless.
    Last edited by Curtis6566; 10-26-2013 at 03:22 AM.

We appreciate all the effort guys! You are really helping us improve things!!
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis6566 View Post
    You probably already know of this, but after a first battle or so on windowed mode, the next battle will be blue and white.
    Happened to me too in the latest version (but never in the previous betas) after playing a few battles in story mode, then going back to main menu and starting a new story mode.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567