Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Battle Board – Suggested Features

I'm trying to keep the suggested features up to date. Take a look if you like:

Suggested Features

Feature Updates

If you don't see your suggestion in the list just say so
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Neophyte Sorcerer
    I second the suggestion that kilobug entered. Currently (not sure if intentional) we can move multiple units at the same time.

When I want to take out a dragon, and I decide my 4 archer units are all going to shoot at it. I like the idea of being able to select more than one unit to fire at it at the same time (select one, two, three, or all four) and attack simultaneously.

(This also opens up for special moves for group selected combat, like a "Volley" that has a slightly larger range than a single square archer attack; or a defensive maneuver "formation", etc...)

Quote Originally Posted by Larry4444 View Post
    I second the suggestion that kilobug entered. Currently (not sure if intentional) we can move multiple units at the same time.

When I want to take out a dragon, and I decide my 4 archer units are all going to shoot at it. I like the idea of being able to select more than one unit to fire at it at the same time (select one, two, three, or all four) and attack simultaneously.
    Yeah, that would be cool and an improvement on MoM.
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

Neophyte Sorcerer
    I'm sure this is in the works for "eventually"; and just to throw it out there:

I'd like to see dynamic updating of unit information in the "tooltip" box, specifically for the hitpoints of a unit. Currently if I have my archer unit selected and shoot at another unit, I have to move the cursor off the unit then back on to see the remaining hitpoints of the damaged unit.

Neophyte Sorcerer
    As for pre-setup, I have a suggestion. In RTW II there are simple pre-designed army formations like archers in front, inf in back and cav split on the flanks. Maybe as a player researches tactics he get more formation selections. This would give the player some say in the setup without making it tedious.

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

One thing that could speed up the battle is to be able to select mutable units to attack a single unit. They could still be resolved one at a time but it would save a few clicks. If a player picks 5 crossbow units to attack one unit and it is killed by the fist one to fire, then the others just waste their shots. You could give a small bonus to multiple melee attacks.
    USN Ret.

Acolyte
    I will reiterate my suggestion that the maximum movement range is always displayed when you have a unit selected - it should be updated not disappear when that unit moves.

My feedback on the battle board (I hope there is no double...), adding to what was suggested before

- there should be an option for skipping the movement of the units (sort of teleportation) in order to speed up the game
    - there could also have something (animation or text or whatever) to show it is up to you (I don't see when the enemy has finish his turn)

and in term of mecanism, because there is a lot of movement point, there should be a way to stop unit that wishes to rush to your archer. That is to say, if a unit try to move around an enemy unit, the last one should have a free attack (as if they fled from the fight) unless they are light cavalry (for example).

and in term of mecanism, because there is a lot of movement point, there should be a way to stop unit that wishes to rush to your archer. That is to say, if a unit try to move around an enemy unit, the last one should have a free attack (as if they fled from the fight) unless they are light cavalry (for example).
    We will implement a form of Attack of Opportunity, so that units won't be able to dance around willy-nilly. Movement points aren't final yet either - balancing is left for later.

We have the new version (4.44) up.

Web Version

Stand Alone Version
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Acolyte
    It's improving all the time!

(4.44) Please work on what happens when you tell a unit to do something outside their maximum movement range. I think that in that situation one of these things should happen:

*The unit should do nothing

*The unit should be de-selected, or

*The unit should do it immediately at the beginning of your next turn (if applicable). For example if you order a unit to move outside its movement range it should move to the closest point inside its range (it does that now) then move again immediately at the start of the next turn (if it is still alive).

Currently in that situation the unit moves in the direction indicated to get as close as it can to the selected point as possible, then does nothing automatically next turn. This works well when the player cannot see the maximum movement range. However I think that one of the three options above are better when the player can see the maximum movement range (which they can as of 4.22).

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast