Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Battle Board – Suggested Features

Arcane Candidate
    I concur with kilobug's suggestions: more feedback on movement points, health/mana bars, end of turn button and so on. A way to undo movement would be nice.

For single figure units, it is hard to tell how damaged at a glance without inspecting the unit.

Overall I was pleasantly surprised with how well things worked. Looking forward to the finished version.
    Last edited by GregMahn; 10-04-2013 at 04:15 AM.

Neophyte Sorcerer
    Quote Originally Posted by GregMahn View Post
    A way to undo movement would be nice.
    I completely disagree with undoing. In my opinion it does not belong to this kind of turn-based game! Every move should bare a responsibility with it. If one makes a mistake, then one has to bear the responsibility for that move. Reload the game if you want to undo your mistakes.

Caster of the Inner Tower
    In my view undo could be done as long as no die was roll. But as soon as a unit made a saving throw, or an attack roll, or whatever else, you can't undo anymore. Since almost everything makes a roll, not sure it's worth it.

But it would be good to have more feedback, like modern HoMM or Wesnoth do, that when you have a unit selected and put your mouse over another unit it displays something like "expected damage : 12.5, expected counter-attack damage : 18.2" at least in the lower difficulty modes.

Keep posting guys. We're still reading, we're just busy, lol.
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

I've updated the features and bugs. You can find them here:

Suggested Features

Known Bugs

Does anyone have anything to add?

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    I just want to emphasize the "Next Unit" button and extend the suggestion by saying that the game should make it obvious when you have nothing left to do this round.

Battlemage
    Are quickslots already in the making? I suggested them in the feedback thread along with the visible movement/attack thresholds. Ability to map keys is nice but I tend to forget what I mapped there so I definitely need quickslots for the most common spells.

As a reminder for the threshold thing:

Movement/attack thresholds. You guys mentioned that attacking and movement are going to consume same resource. When I select the unit I'd like to see thresholds. Basically: "I can move this unit this far and still attack twice but if I move it this far I can attack only once and if I move it this far I can't attack at all". You already show us maximum movement distance on the grid. Show the thresholds in different color.

Not sure if anyone mentioned it before but a bit of variation in animation and sounds would be nice (even though it's not important at this early stage). Right now its a bit static since its always the same sound when being hit, getting killed, etc. And the units all move exactly the same way while idle, showing unit stats, etc.

It took me a while to get back here... Some quickslots are already in place (in the spellbook). Depending on the feedback we get there may certainly end up being more

Variety is the spice of life. Variation is, of course, part of the polishing stage

Battlemage
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    It took me a while to get back here... Some quickslots are already in place (in the spellbook). Depending on the feedback we get there may certainly end up being more
    My problem is that they are indeed in the spellbook. You first have to open it which sort of defeats the purpose. For me a quickslot is something that is always visible on the screen. At least on a tactical level. You can assign spells there but optimally there would be also a unit quickslot.

Basically what I'm looking for is:

1. no unit selected --> on the bottom of the screen there are 10 quickspell slots keyed to 1-0. You can assign any spell here.
    2. unit selected --> quickslots get replaced by unit abilities (including those from items)

This is in my opinion a rather essential (at least for me) feature.

How customizable is the UI anyway? Can we build our own skins and move/create new UI elements?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast