Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meteor Storm

Hybrid View

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar

Meteor Storm

Name: Meteor Storm
    Circles: Fire / Destruction
    Description: Each turn any unit not inside a city takes fire damage.

Yay, another overland damage spell. This one is global though.

I like it. +1
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

With relatively high upkeep, I think this would be a good addition.

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    Agreed with WyldeRhide.

I actually considered re-pitching this as a regular strategic spell. However, as you can use fireball on the world map that would be redundant.

If we go with the original idea I think we need to add a random element. Every unit not in a city may take fire and bludgeoning damage. What tier should we make it? How much damage should it do? What are the odds a unit outside a city should be hit? Should it possibly hit cities as well?

We need more info on this one
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

How much damage should it do? What are the odds a unit outside a city should be hit?
    Obviously, the higher we go on these, the higher the tier. At what tier do we have a lack of spells at the moment?

Neither Fire nor Destruction has a tier 6 spell or above at this point (that's been confirmed anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Neither Fire nor Destruction has a tier 6 spell or above at this point (that's been confirmed anyway).
    Then I say the damage should be pretty high and set it at a Tier 6 or Tier 7 spell.

That sounds good. How should we handle the random element? Should we hit completely random tiles (not belonging to the caster)? Should it always hit a valid target? Anyone have any thoughts on that?

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    I think it should always hit a valid target. Otherwise, unless it hits a huge amount of tiles, we're likely to have multiple turns of it hitting nothing.

However, on the other hand, having it be random means it can randomly set forests on fire and stuff if we're still going with that, so maybe the first hit, or some randomly chosen number of total hits per turn, rerandomized per turn, will always hit proper targets and the rest are randomly distributed so we can still get forest fires and roads being smashed and all that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast