Thread: Dark Cloud

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar

Dark Cloud

Name: Dark Cloud
    Circles: Death/Mentalism
    Description: lowers enemy unit sight in your domain

Better ambush ability in your own territory?

This seems like a really confusing spell.

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    I believe the author of the spell intended for the sight radius enemy units have when they are in your territory. When I posted it I left the author's text intact.

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ampoliros View Post
    I believe the author of the spell intended for the sight radius enemy units have when they are in your territory. When I posted it I left the author's text intact.
    You seem to have an incomplete statement here. The sight sight radius enemy units have when they are in your territory does what?

Caster of the Inner Tower
    It was my suggestion sorry if I was not clear enough : I meant "lower the sight radius of ennemy units inside your territorry" yes. I wanted some spells to help defending your territorry (one for each elemental circle), at that was my idea for "death", partly inspired by the "dark cloud" building from HoMM3 but adapted to WoM.

So does this mean a square with units might look like it doesn't have units until your enemy is almost right next to them?
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Troy_Costisick View Post
    So does this mean a square with units might look like it doesn't have units until your enemy is almost right next to them?
    I think it'd have two effects: Reduce the range of exploration sight (smaller area uncovered) as well as reduces the sight in fog of war.

Caster of the Inner Tower
    Quote Originally Posted by WyldeRhide View Post
    I think it'd have two effects: Reduce the range of exploration sight (smaller area uncovered) as well as reduces the sight in fog of war.
    Yeah that's what I had in mind. Exact effects are hard to pinpoint since we don't have yet the fog-of-war and sight mechanism details, do we ?