Thread: Firepit

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar

Firepit

Name: Firepit
    Circles: Fire / Summoning
    Description: The caster summons up to 3 hidden pits of fire, when a victim steps on the affected spot they fall in and they may not take any more actions that turn. They also suffer fall and burn damage on the first turn followed by constant fire damage unless they manage to climb out (Another save roll per turn)

Hidden? I'm not so sure about that aspect. I like the spell though. Either you cast the pits under specific units or put them in choke points to protect your ranged units.

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    I like this spell, but I agree the hidden bit doesn't really need to be in there.

Caster of the Inner Tower
    If the battle board looks like the one we have to test right now, I fear there won't be much choke points... so if the traps are not hidden, there should be more than 3 if we want the effect to be real.

Quote Originally Posted by Happerry View Post
    I like this spell, but I agree the hidden bit doesn't really need to be in there.
    Yeah, I agree. Good spell. But I don't think you should be able to cast it under a unit. It needs to only be able to target an open square. This way, it can be a low level combat spell. Most of our combat spells outside of unit enchantments have been pretty powerful.
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

Rather than 3 pits, what if it were a single pit cast directly under one-or-more units (say a 1x1 or 2x2 area)?

(Does the battleboard have support or planned support for multiple target spells?)

That would be a question for the Battleboard Feedback forum, would think.
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Troy_Costisick View Post
    That would be a question for the Battleboard Feedback forum, would think.
    I was intending that to be rhetorical, primarily. The mechanics we have now only support single-target spells (thus my suggestion of a AxB area of effect).

My vote is -1 to the original version of the spell, and I'm neutral on the AxB version.

I just don't care about this spell at all...