Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Second Kickstarter Kickoff

Second Kickstarter Kickoff

Hey guys! We just wanted to give you a quick heads up and let you know that the second KS campaign is due to launch in just a few hours. If everything goes as planned you'll be able to start spreading the word (and pledging a buck or two) by Noon today. (Well, a couple minutes after Noon probably, but you get the idea.) Once we've actually launched it we plan to do an Update about it.

As you all know we've put a lot of work into the game so far and things are really taking shape. (Just think about all the improvements that have been made since we put the battle board up.) We've also put some work into this second campaign, but our driving force is still developing the game. So each of you can help push the campaign forward by letting people know what we're doing in you own social channels (which may range from Facebook to talking around the water cooler to walking up the stairs from the basement to tell your Mom.) Whatever social influence you have we ask you use a bit of it to tell people what we're doing.

Now, most of you know that this is all about artwork and we understand that art may not be your thing. However, we ask you to look beyond the artwork itself and consider the ramifications that increased sales (which will almost certainly be the result of improved graphics) will cause. The more initial sales we have the sooner we can add more via DLC. That's something we all want to see.

So, please, take a moment and tell someone you know that they can back Worlds of Magic.

In the mean time you guys can take a look at the preview:

Second KS Campaign Preview

Please let us know if you see any mistakes or if we need to change anything or if you just think we did a good job, lol.

Thanks guys!!
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

I'm glad you're doing a draft version first. I'm sure people will have lots of feedback.

One thing I'd like to ask about, is in the initial kickstarter, most backers were able to get a special DLC item. Would it be too much trouble to add a second DLC item to this kickstarter rewards this time? So those who backed the first time would be able to get two? I know I'm greedy, but what can I say? The item was actually kind of a big deal to me.

Peace,

-Troy
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

That could be a good idea.

Caster of the Inner Tower
    Looks great

Would be nice if you added a section on how rewards will work for people pledging in both KS, especially since they are using different currencies. If I pledged 50 GBP in the first and I pledge 30 USD in the second, what will happen ?

Good point. Let me see what we can do.

Quote Originally Posted by kilobug View Post
    Looks great

Would be nice if you added a section on how rewards will work for people pledging in both KS, especially since they are using different currencies. If I pledged 50 GBP in the first and I pledge 30 USD in the second, what will happen ?
    Maybe that would be something best kept to the backer boards. We don't want to alienate new people, although a link in the KS to such a thread would probably be a good thing.

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 AM ----------

One more thing. Are you sure you want to say that the game will be delivered in January of 2014 instead of Q1 of 2014? January seems awfully ambitious given the ammount of work left to do.

There is a lot of work left to do, but we think we can still hit January if everything goes perfect. Our "Risk" is that it won't come out on time, so I think it's covered. (Not that I don't see your point. There is a lot left to do, lol.)

Some quick ideas for rewards:

A digital lore book reward that gives extra info and history of the world, racea, lords etc.

Rights to design a new race for a the first DLC expansion (if that's allowed)

Rights to work with development to create a custom building that all races get.

Rights to design and name a spell (maybe a $1 option a la carte)

Another Hussar type unit. Maybe a unicorn?

Rights to design one of the faction banners (if you carry that over from MoM)

Rights to design a "super unit" for your chosen race that would in addition to the standard 8-9 units.

These all sound kinda fun and different to me and would give old backers some new things to buy

Good ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnReeve View Post
    Some quick ideas for rewards:

A digital lore book reward that gives extra info and history of the world, racea, lords etc.

Rights to design a new race for a the first DLC expansion (if that's allowed)

Rights to work with development to create a custom building that all races get.

Rights to design and name a spell (maybe a $1 option a la carte)

Another Hussar type unit. Maybe a unicorn?

Rights to design one of the faction banners (if you carry that over from MoM)

Rights to design a "super unit" for your chosen race that would in addition to the standard 8-9 units.

These all sound kinda fun and different to me and would give old backers some new things to buy
    Yeah, these are some good ideas. The design your own "Building" and "Super Unit" would have to be limited, of course. The "Super Unit" one would be tricky if you the number is too high. Like if you let there be 9 people who can choose it (since we have 9 races), then it's real possible that two (or more) people will want the same race. If some race gets left out, no doubt someone will cry foul, but meh. Not all the races have to get the same thing. That was part of MoM's charm anyway.

The unicorn unit seems like an inexpensive idea, since Wojicek/Marcin have the horse drawings and renderings done. Not sure a unicorn would necessarily tickle everyone's fancy, tho. Faction banners is a good idea (again, needs to be limited).

+1

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast