Thread: Great Flood

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar

Great Flood

Name: Great Flood / Endless Ocean
    Circles: Water / Summoning
    Description: Each turn existing ocean tiles expand by one pushing shoreline further inland. Any tile adjacent to mountains or cities is converted to shore as the ocean approaches them but all other tiles are eventually consumed by the expanding ocean. Once the enchantment ends for any reason the process is reversed with ocean tiles slowly turning back to their original state. While the spell is in effect each round there's a chance for neutral water unit(s) to be summoned from the plane of water to one of the ocean tiles.

Note: This is basically a turtle player spell. It blocks building of new cities and punishes those with a lot of troops without removing existing cities or units. Since this affects also your cities it's more of an endgame spell where you can go around razing/conquering enemy cities while making sure new ones are not built.

I'll say this is an end-game spell. For me this spell would have to have a sizable upkeep.

I agree with you but I do like it.

Battlemage
    It was designed as an endgame spell.

Sorcerer of the Lesser Tower
    What happens to your cities or units when the get hit by flood?

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    Presumably, they die like everyone else's units unless they can fly or swim.

Battlemage
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jackson View Post
    What happens to your cities or units when the get hit by flood?
    They don't (cities that is). Units are first stranded then destroyed unless they swim or fly or use boats.