Thread: Flash Freeze

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar

Flash Freeze

Name: Flash Freeze
    Circles: Water / Biomancy
    Description: Medium AoE: units in affected area must succeed in a fortitude save or they are immobilized for a single round. The spell also inflicts instant moderate cold damage.

Notes: I wanted water to have more damage spells but at the same time I just didn't want to repeat ice storm (pure instant destruction). This spell roots melee units for a single turn giving you more time to prepare for counterattack. Originally it had debuff effect from "shivers" but I'll move that to another spell.

An AoE freeze spell...

Caster of the Inner Tower
    Sounds a bit too much like electricity spell that inflicts damage and then you save or are stunned for a round... maybe we should change the effect, like, damage + save or be slowed for 2 rounds instead of immobilized ?

Battlemage
    Depends on what type of controls and debuffs we have. Generally speaking games usually have:

stun = do nothing
    immobilize/root = only ranged attacks
    slow = slow novement

I am going over the tactical spell list and noticed there is already battlefield level damage + slow for water. I'm afraid people would just cast this instead of that since it seems to affect all units. The slow on this would have to last for a single round in which case might as well cast ice storm for more damage - or that's how I see it.

Air has a few slows (daze, mass daze) and a stun. Earth has earth to mud and entangle which I believe are a slow and a root too.
    Last edited by Beregar; 10-10-2013 at 09:58 AM.