Thread: Vast Acuity

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar

Vast Acuity

Name: Vast Acuity
    Circles: Water / Mentalism
    Description: The mana cost for all Global and Strategic spells is decreased by 10%.

The opposite of Sphere of Resistance above. Definitely a two-edged sword, tho.

As with Sphere of Resistance I don't see a situation where this spell is a net benefit.

Caster of the Inner Tower
    I see it being useful at late game when you're already winning and want to speed up the cleaning. But still not sure it's worth having a spell just for that.

Battlemage
    I sort of agree. I mean I guess the idea is that it pays itself back in the long run but currently it basically says "spend mana to give your enemies a discount to their spells". Maybe if it affected only your spells and even then the casting cost should be small.

Honestly I feel this is better done as a sorcerer lord trait pick. Something like:

Enchanter : Casting cost of your global and enchantment spells is reduced by 25%

Sorcerer of the Lesser Tower
    Quote Originally Posted by Beregar View Post
    I sort of agree. I mean I guess the idea is that it pays itself back in the long run but currently it basically says "spend mana to give your enemies a discount to their spells". Maybe if it affected only your spells and even then the casting cost should be small.

Honestly I feel this is better done as a sorcerer lord trait pick. Something like:

Enchanter : Casting cost of your global and enchantment spells is reduced by 25%
    I agree, it sounds more as a trait or a rare artifact, maybe.