Thread: Angelic Pact

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar

Angelic Pact

Name: Angelic Pact
    Circles: Life / Protection (or maybe just Life, as a Tier 9 spell)
    Description: Every time one of your unit is killed in battle, it respawns in your summoning circle at the end of the battle. You must pay a mana cost equal to the unit's building or summoning cost, if you can't pay, the unit isn't respawned. The unit keeps its experience points and special abilities (like magical weapons if it was built in a city with an alchemist guild) but loses all unit enchantements and items.

I like the spell but would not place it in Tier 9 with the extreme cost and lost of items.
    To make it Tier 9 I'd say the items stay for sure and maybe the respawn cost is reduced some. Also it would need a confirmation for each unit.

Caster of the Inner Tower
    I suggested it so +1 for me And yes the parameters (exact cost of respawning units, what happens to items, ...) can be tweaked for game balance.

Yeah, it would need a confirmation for each unit, otherwise it could run you out of mana real fast.
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

Sorcerer of the Lesser Tower
    Well, I think that planning should come first and if you just happen to cast several Angelic Pacts and wasted all of your mana then you should think carefully next time. This is Magic, not Windows Vista Good spell.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Jackson View Post
    Well, I think that planning should come first and if you just happen to cast several Angelic Pacts and wasted all of your mana then you should think carefully next time. This is Magic, not Windows Vista Good spell.
    It's more that you cast one of them and then several units die in one turn. It would then automatically resurrect your units (even the ones that you wouldn't care too much about) and use all your mana to do so. You don't need to cast it more than once for it's effects to take place (for the most part).

Sorcerer of the Lesser Tower
    My bad, didn't get it the first time. Still, confirming each dead unit for resurrection doesn't sound good to me. I agree for it to be a tactical spell, so you can "insure" a specific unit rather than casting it golbally and then going through a series of prompts after each battle.