Thread: Following the Pattern

Hybrid View

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar

Following the Pattern

Name: Following the Pattern
    Circles: Earth / Summoning
    Description: The construction of any building that you already have in at least 3 cities goes twice as fast.

Notes: in MoM (and in more generally in 4X) cities built/conquered later in the game tend to be not very useful since they take too long to develop, this spell lowers that effect.

This would be cast by me every single game I played with the correct spell circles.
    +1

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    +1 from me.

+1 to this.

Does twice as fast mean half the cost? How does that effect selling a building? Twice as fast is way too powerful, would make a huge difference between those that do and don't have that spell. Even 5% or 10% makes a big difference, as building speed is a key component in AI balancing through cheating.

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    I would imagine that the workers are just more efficient, so it would not affect cost in gold.

Sorcerer of the Lesser Tower
    Great spell! Although I thin the name should be different. More "magical". "Magic blueprints" or "Gremlin workforce" or something like that

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    Following the Pattern works as a name for me. Calls up images of using the principle of contagion and suchlike.

Yeah, I also like Following the Pattern as a name. For whatever reason I just like the sound of it. Anyway +1 to the spell.

Mage’s Assistant
    I like the spell. Wonder if it would be too hard to code so that it actually has 0 mana upkeep, but instead each extra "magical" hammer you get costs 1(or ½ or 1/5 or whatever) mana. Effectively meaning, the more you build, the more it costs you, in a sense you "summon the buildings"(without using your precious casting time to do it, of course, rather being decentralized and less micromanagering).
    So, if a city you have has production 10, if it builds one of the appropiate buildings, it effectively has 20 production, but it costs you 10 mana to do so.(1 for 1 is really too much, probably 1/5 or 1/10 is more reasonable). Anyway, you get the idea.

Caster of the Inner Tower
    I like that idea, but with a low cost (more 1/10 than 1/2), since mana is supposed to be a rare ressource.