Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Farmer's Resolve

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar

Farmer's Resolve

Name: Farmer's Resolve
    Circles: Earth / Biomancy
    Description: Increase the food production of enchanted city by 15%.

This effect seems familiar, maybe I'm crossing games...

I'd like it better as a Global, and with the name Agricultural Windfall.

I like it! +1 for sure

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    +1 for global.

Agricultural Windfall? Is this game changing its name to the "Chicago Mercantile Exchange" or something?
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

Mage of the Inner Tower War Troll's Avatar
    62 Troll Drive, Troll Town, Plane of Myrror
    Global definitely, not sure how how useful it'd be on just one city. 'Bountiful Harvest' maybe? I don't mind Farmer's Resolve.

Neophyte Sorcerer
    Why not have 2 versions? A cheap, quick and easy version for one city, and more expensive and powerful global one?

Mage’s Assistant
    I think global would be too powerful, and some cities could not require it making the upkeep too expensive...

15% just seems really weak. MoM had Gaia's Blessing which did +50% and a bunch of other buffs as well. Seems like anything less than 25% would hardly be worth the time, and if it was 25% it should be a fairly low cost/low tier enchantment

Caster of the Inner Tower
    I would personnally prefer a weaker spell affecting the whole empire than a more powerful spell effecting just a city. Power single-city enchantments reinforce the "you've a few cities that actually produce things, the rest aren't much use" effect, which tend to be common in 4X games.

Neophyte Sorcerer
    Quote Originally Posted by kilobug View Post
    I would personnally prefer a weaker spell affecting the whole empire than a more powerful spell effecting just a city. Power single-city enchantments reinforce the "you've a few cities that actually produce things, the rest aren't much use" effect, which tend to be common in 4X games.
    Well I tend to specialize some of my cities in these types of games - this city has low production but is really good on research. This city is my best one for building military units. This one is specialized for food production. This one doesn't really make much, but it's in a really strategic location for defending the rest of them. And so on.

So in that sense, a city-specific version would be great. Just cast it on your best food-producing cities, and use other city enchantments on other cities. Just a difference in playstyle.

That said, I still like the idea of having 2 versions of the spell. A smaller, cheaper city only version, and a big global version. Just saying.
    Chinese Relativity Axiom: No matter how great your achievements, or how miserable your failures, there will always be one billion people in China who don't give a damn.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast