Thread: Character Creation in the Wiki

Character Creation in the Wiki

OK guys, I've put information about Character Creation up in the Wiki. You can take a look at it here:

Character Creation

Let me know if I need to change anything or if anything needs more explanation at this point.
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Apprentice
    "Focusing on a single circle will allow you to research a higher quantity of spells as well as more powerful spells within that circle." maybe needs more clarification.

We have spell circles, or books, or degree of mastery over a certain circle.

However, how many spell levels are we going to see? Also 9? If I go by D&D standards, if Fireball is a level 3 spell, the level 9 ones are going to be absurd.

Level 9 ones are going to be absurd That's really part of the point. If you reach those spells you are going to be able to do some crazy things.

Let me reword that sentence a bit and see what I can come up with

Abecedarian Mage
    Quote Originally Posted by Grouch View Post
    However, how many spell levels are we going to see? Also 9? If I go by D&D standards, if Fireball is a level 3 spell, the level 9 ones are going to be absurd.
    Well, you certainly can look up the d20 level 9 arcane spells, e.g. Meteor Swarm.

With the more global focus of WoM, I expect we'll also get goodies similar to MoM's Nature's Wrath or even Time Stop.

Yes, you can certainly expect things of that power level (Although I admit Time Stop might be a little OP for multi-player gaming, lol.)

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    Depends on how expensive it is.. Something that lets you take two or three turns in a row might be powerful, but when it leaves you with zero mana after that, well, guess who just showed themselves to be a giant threat and just made it a lot harder for themselves to defend against enemy sorcery?

(Most Time Stop type spells in games that I've seen both cost huge upkeeps and freeze any new mana income..)

That's a very valid point. We could certainly work it in as long as we balance it carefully.