Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Theory of One

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure HP is already a 'not one' being as they're using the DnD system...

Archmage of the Outer Ring jamoecw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaRegia View Post
    I think jamoecw makes some observations, especially the bits I quoted above. If ONE is the base, I think rational game mechanics require calculations of "parts of one" at least to the hundredths, if not thousandths place. 0.233 ≠ 0.25 ≠ 0.3 ; too much rounding makes for strange artifacts. Will the average player want to SEE that? I don't know... but *I* might.
    ya every once in a while there is a spreadsheet type screen in games that break things down real well for the more math inclined people. being one of those people i tend to enjoy those screens, it also tends to help take some of the mystery out of the formulas, which can be a good thing.

I should have said at the outset guys that combat is one of the "Not One" areas in total. Basically nothing about it "Is One", lol. (At least from a cursory overview.) The combat is "balanced" within itself. What we have to do is make sure that producing and maintaining those units is also balanced. That is really where "Is One" fits into it
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Archmage of the Outer Ring jamoecw's Avatar
    since the battle board uses multiple figures per stack, and DnD stats are being used, what size are the squares going to be? 10 ft, 15ft, 30ft?

Mage of the Inner Tower Endless Rain's Avatar
    It's currently ten feet, unless Aaron changed his mind recently.
    I am waiting for the relaunch before playing Worlds of Magic, so I don't check the forums as often as I used to. In the meantime, the main forum I post at is RPG.net, if anyone here needs to contact me.

Yea, the idea is that it's 10 feet. That is certainly going to be in flux though. The problem is trying to balance big boards that cavalry and fast moving units can take advantage of and not making foot soldiers spend five or six turns just walking toward each other...
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12