Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Grey Elves CA -> Pegasus Rider

Sorcerer of the Lesser Tower Wraithstalker's Avatar
    You could be right, but I'm pretty certain that (admittedly) heavy cavalry often had long layered leg coverings, such as worn by cataphracts.

P.S: But he's going swimming... or is the current leader of an english speaking country.

Sorcerer
    Come on guys, she's wearing a kind of bodysuit, like a swimsuit, made of a very light and flexible material.
    It's a fantasy game where balls of fire are conjured mid-air. We can have some sexxytime in our damn artwork yes?

And if you want to really make this a realistic discussion, what about Scottish cavalry? According to what I quick-read, they wore kilts?

(let me know when I can take a bow :-p )

And also in other words:
    Mr. Artist-Man, way to go!

Mage of the Lesser Tower devoncop's Avatar
    fforgetso....

At the risk of upsetting some of the veterans of this board I have to say i agree 100% with you.

She is hardly something off an adult site for goodness sake. Discussing "realism" takes on a slightly surreal air given the concepts of the game. I do understand both the practical dangers of fighting with an exposed midriff (though the Celts did not seem to worry about this) and the political correctness arguments but I personally think artistic licence has a role here and like the artwork very much.
    "There are only two things that are infinite:the universe and the stupidity of people....... and I am not sure about the universe" Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by devoncop View Post
    fforgetso....

At the risk of upsetting some of the veterans of this board I have to say i agree 100% with you.

She is hardly something off an adult site for goodness sake. Discussing "realism" takes on a slightly surreal air given the concepts of the game. I do understand both the practical dangers of fighting with an exposed midriff (though the Celts did not seem to worry about this) and the political correctness arguments but I personally think artistic licence has a role here and like the artwork very much.
    +1 to this.
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

fforgetso....

+1 here, here
    Elder Dragon, Grand Chancellor x 2, Conjurer x 2, and some other type of Backer

Mage of the Inner Tower Endless Rain's Avatar
    fforgetso....

-1 to this. I wonder if Wojciech will have a poll about this issue, since we currently have five people against the exposed waist and four people who want to keep it.
    I am waiting for the relaunch before playing Worlds of Magic, so I don't check the forums as often as I used to. In the meantime, the main forum I post at is RPG.net, if anyone here needs to contact me.

Sorcerer of the Lesser Tower Wraithstalker's Avatar
    I don't think it is useful to have a poll about every model or concept art. I just don't think sexytime has a place.

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    fforgetso....

+1 from me also

Quote Originally Posted by ampoliros View Post
    +1 from me also
    And +1 from me too.

Mage of the Inner Tower Endless Rain's Avatar
    You know, fixing the exposed waist would be a minor enough change that WI could keep both versions of the armor and add a toggle switch in the advanced options menu.
    Last edited by Endless Rain; 12-12-2013 at 03:26 AM.
    I am waiting for the relaunch before playing Worlds of Magic, so I don't check the forums as often as I used to. In the meantime, the main forum I post at is RPG.net, if anyone here needs to contact me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast