Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Grey Elves CA -> Pegasus Rider

Quote Originally Posted by Endless Rain View Post
    You know, fixing the exposed waist would a minor enough change that WI could keep both versions of the armor and add a toggle switch in the advanced options menu.
    Or maybe we could just put her in a burqa.
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy_Costisick View Post
    lol. I agree with the point you are making.

Sorcerer of the Lesser Tower Wraithstalker's Avatar
    Nah, save the burqa for the Myrodants, I hear all their warriors are women.

Actually a cool sort of pan-arabic insect race swathed in turbans and robes would be pretty ace, so of a chittering prince of persia.

Mage of the Inner Tower Endless Rain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy_Costisick View Post
    You do realize that it is nearly impossible to ride a horse, or Pegasus, while wearing a burqa, right? My first priority is for the units to have practical and realistic clothing and armor, not just armor that covers most of their body. If anyone remembers, I didn't complain about the harpy, the efreet or the zombies showing too much skin. Making the exposed waist optional as I suggested will please almost all of the players, and it shouldn't take too much effort.

P.S. Wraithstalker and Happerry, could you please help me out, I don't have the time to debate everyone here.

EDIT: I got ninja'd by wraithstalker. I should really refresh the page before starting a new post.
    Last edited by Endless Rain; 12-12-2013 at 02:56 AM.
    I am waiting for the relaunch before playing Worlds of Magic, so I don't check the forums as often as I used to. In the meantime, the main forum I post at is RPG.net, if anyone here needs to contact me.

Mage of the Lesser Tower devoncop's Avatar
    You do realize that it is nearly impossible to ride a horse, or Pegasus, while wearing a burqa, right?

I am hoping Endless that you picked up here Troy's suggestion was tongue in cheek given the PC arguments being put forward by others

(I realise you are objecting on the grounds of "realism" rather than on Political Correctness by the way)
    "There are only two things that are infinite:the universe and the stupidity of people....... and I am not sure about the universe" Albert Einstein

Sorcerer of the Lesser Tower
    I don't think the main point of the discussion is wether the model is realisticly clothed or not. I think some people (myself included) are just tired of the fact that the game models are exploiting their attention using sexually appealing techniques. Some people tired of the visual awesomness and just want the models to look "plausible". It is not about the exposed waist, it is about the fact that the model looks great and then there is this little detail that changes the feeling of it. This is why it looks "out of place".

For me one of the most important things is to believe in a character. There is a thing called "willing suspension of disbelief" and sometimes it takes one little detail to make it over the top. I am almost ready to believe that she is a warrior that rides on a fantastic steed. I almost feel it and then I notice something that makes me grin and say "Ohhh....does it necesarry have to be like that?". And in my mind the glorious warrior women transforms into your average booth girl.

What really makes me upset is that it is all about that tiny detail that ruins the whole "suspension of disbelief" thing. That is why I want it gone. Everything else is perfect.

Guys, this is how the units look when you play the game:

http://myworldsofmagic.com/images/sc...mescom_004.png

I don't want to pick sides in this discussion but I just need to direct your attention to the fact that that inch of skin on her? You won't notice it in-game.

Mage of the Lesser Tower devoncop's Avatar
    Indeed . Sometimes it is possible to obsess about detail too much !
    "There are only two things that are infinite:the universe and the stupidity of people....... and I am not sure about the universe" Albert Einstein

excellent, Cant see anything exposed
    Elder Dragon, Grand Chancellor x 2, Conjurer x 2, and some other type of Backer

Sorcerer of the Lesser Tower
    Fine with me. Sorry fo being too obsessive.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast