Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Raise Earth

Raise Earth

Raise Earth
    Circles: Earth, ?
    Description: Raises one tile up a level. Swamps become plains, plains become hills, etc.

OK, we have a few of these “terraforming” spells. I love terraforming spells, but I'm not sure how many different spells we need. Raise Earth and Lower Earth seem like a good way to cycle through the terrain types until you get just what you want.

Any other suggestions/ideas? And what effect is this? Augmentation maybe?

I love terrain alteration spells too. Would this work on water tiles? Like a water tile becomes a swamp? That would be awesome! Also, I think "Raise Terrain" is a better name.

Caster of the Inner Tower
    I love terraforming spells too, and I think it would be nice to be able to raise costal water too (but not water which isn't connected directy to the coast).

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy_Costisick View Post
    I love terrain alteration spells too. Would this work on water tiles? Like a water tile becomes a swamp? That would be awesome! Also, I think "Raise Terrain" is a better name.
    +1

First crack at topography levels

1. Deep Ocean
    2. Coastal Ocean
    3. Shoreline
    4. Plains
    5. Hills
    6. Mountain

Then special terrains like Swamp, Forest, Jungle, Tundra, etc... sit on top of the base terrain. Maybe Swamp can only be on Shoreline and Plains, while Forest could be on Shoreline thru Mountain.

Then we would need 2 sets of terraforming spells...
    • Raise/Lower Terrain
    • Cycle Terrain (Cycle Arboreta / Cycle Climate)

I'm not sure on the best name for the Cycle Terrain spells and if we need an up and a down or if we can simply have base->swamp->jungle->forest->base for example, then another for Climate... desert->base->snowy->tundra->desert.
    Last edited by ampoliros; 07-24-2013 at 10:54 PM.

+1 to this spell affecting water tiles.

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    +1 to this spell affecting water tiles.

+1 for this spell in general.

OK, Raise Terrain is the name and it can effect water tiles. Sounds good. We need to fit in a way to make deserts and forests as well, but those will need to be specific spells. And I guess we're going with Augmentation?

First crack at topography levels

1. Deep Ocean
    2. Coastal Ocean
    3. Shoreline
    4. Plains
    5. Hills
    6. Mountain
    Since not all water is in the ocean, here is what I think:

1.Deep Water
    2.Shallows
    3.Swamp
    4.Plains
    5.Forest
    6.Hills
    7.Mountain

Deserts and Tundras are real bummers. Let's leave them out of this spell.

Caster of the Inner Tower
    I would put all Plains, Forest, Deserts and Tundras at the same level, and have Swamp being converted in one of them depending of latitude/surrounding terrain, and all of them converted into Hills.

Quote Originally Posted by kilobug View Post
    I would put all Plains, Forest, Deserts and Tundras at the same level, and have Swamp being converted in one of them depending of latitude/surrounding terrain, and all of them converted into Hills.
    I also think that would be better if it is not too much coding.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast