Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grey Elves 3D -> Archer

Mage of the Inner Tower Endless Rain's Avatar
    Those are DOTA2 silhouettes, not WoM silhouettes.
    I am waiting for the relaunch before playing Worlds of Magic, so I don't check the forums as often as I used to. In the meantime, the main forum I post at is RPG.net, if anyone here needs to contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by Endless Rain View Post
    Those are DOTA2 silhouettes, not WoM silhouettes.
    Dang. I was really excited for a sec.
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

I guess you could misunderstand me. These are the heroes from DOTA2 And by the way, they are awesome. VALVE artists are amazing.

@Edit: But you can see now how important is a good silhouette, even if the proportions of particular parts aren't really realistic
    Last edited by Marcin3D; 01-18-2014 at 08:37 PM.

Sorcerer of the Lesser Tower Wraithstalker's Avatar
    A good point. DOTA also strongly uses colour to aid in telling units apart.

Are you going to also use colour to help us tell individual units, from the same faction, apart?

Edit: Fixed a tpyo

Abecedarian Mage
    I really like these Grey Elven units. Looking forward to actually playing as them!

Love the artwork of this game lads. So mature compared to most other fantasy games. This game will feel sooooo good! ;D

Arcane Candidate
    I love these in game models, Only thing I'm noticing is that the non-human like races, aka orcs and draconians, look a lot better than the more human models. The High men, and Elf faces, look a bit off to me, But perhaps thats just me

@Drewwest Thanks. And you're right about the quality of the models. High Men were the first characters we've made for WoM. We still wasn't sure about the overall style of the game and with time we also get a lot of "know-how". The High Men are certainly not as attractive as more recent models. Maybe we'll be able to work on them again if we have time, but that's not for now The Grey Elves are also different than Draconians/Orcs as they were created in a pretty different workflow, especially when it comes to painting the textures, You may see they are less stylized than Orcs.

Archmage of the Outer Ring jamoecw's Avatar
    the explanation about oversized things was very well done. i am guessing that the past twelve times gave you some hint that a thirteenth may have been coming and you prepared ahead of time?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12