Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Arcane Spell List

Arcane Spell List

OK guys, I've got to do a writeup concerning Arcane Spells for the Wiki. I also want to start building the list of arcane spells.

Now, to recap: Arcane spells make use of raw magical energy and any Sorcerer Lord with enough power can make use of them. So, if an Arcane spell is tier 3 any Sorcerer Lord with at least three Circles of magic (total) can learn it. We want to keep the Arcane spell list short and it needs to be composed of have-to-have spells such as Dispel Magic.

To get the ball rolling I propose the following:
    Dispel Magic

Yep, that's my list so far. Obviously I want it to be more robust than that, but I'm very open to suggestions. So, what spells should all Sorcerer Lords have access to?

I'm listening
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Awareness
    Summoning Circle
    Relocate Tower
    Summon Hero
    Summon Champion
    Disjunction
    Spell of Mastery
    Spell of Return
    Disenchant Unit
    Disenchant City

I prefer having the two last spells instead of Dispel Magic.
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

Caster of the Inner Tower
    I think Spell of Mastery and Spell of Return are a must too. Or will them be handled in other ways ?

For changing your capital city (moving fortress), will be done through a spell (then it should be Arcane) or through a building ?

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Troy_Costisick View Post
    Summoning Circle
    Not sure this one shouldn't be in Summoning circle. Not having any single circle in summoning means you will only be able to summon to capital city, sounds interesting... not sure it's good, but it's worth pondering.

+1 for the rest of what you said

Thought of another one:

Cleanse- dispels any enchantment on a non-city tile (does not include corruption).
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

Greater Dispel

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    +1 for Troy's list.

Enchant Item
    Forge Artifact

+1 to Troy.

Magic Spirit
    Last edited by Mardagg; 01-22-2014 at 03:15 PM.

Caster of the Inner Tower
    Enchant Item/Forge Artifact will be handled completly differently - not a spell to cast, but a "forge" screen aside from the spell casting one, and you can divide the "casting skill" between forge and cast.

As for Magic Spirit, it'll also be different : a magic using unit will have to build a syphon on the node. I don't remember the exact details on that.

Quote Originally Posted by kilobug View Post
    As for Magic Spirit, it'll also be different : a magic using unit will have to build a syphon on the node. I don't remember the exact details on that.
    IIRC Aaron said in the end that we will get the spirit back on top of that,as an Arcane Spell.
    The Spirit is pretty important for exploring as well and to me a very iconic unit of MoM.

Maybe the Spirit should not be able to meld with a node this time and just be a basic floating fighter/scout unit that everyone gets access to...
    Some summonable unit besides Heroes and Champions should be in the Arcane list imo.

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    +1 for magic spirit.

And I thought that casting Enchant Item or Create Artifact brought you to a separate forge screen, but you still needed to know the relevant spell..

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast