Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Arcane Spell List

Quote Originally Posted by jamoecw View Post
    as i stated it is by order of importance, not research/casting costs. if champions are anything like MoM champions, they will be better heroes, but not a huge difference.

if we went off of how powerful a spell is i doubt any spell would be past tier 3 aside from SoD.
    Common,you cant seriously think that its a good fit to make Summon Hero Tier 6,waaaaay higher than in MoM,and then Summon Champion Tier 8....only 2 tiers highter than Summon Hero.
    Also,Summon Champion was way,way better in MoM than Summon Hero.Not sure how you played the game,but comparing an early game spell to a mid/late game spell is wrong in it self for a start. Imo there needs to be a significant difference in tier levels between the two,no matter which Tier level we end up with Summon Hero.

To me, a tier system should represent the Power of a Spell and not something useless like "order of importance".
    Its like I said,your true main goal was to fill up every tier with exactly 1 Arcane Spell...and thats about it.
    Personally i wouldnt mind 20+ Arcane Spells in total,actually i could see the Arcane Circle as somewhat a mixture of Arcane and Sorcery from MoM and would have an easy time to find 20 interesting spells that could be divided nicely along all the tier levels.
    But most people here seem to prefer to make Arcane rather weak.
    The thing is,if we go with Magic Circles being the prerequisites for Arcane Spells,then we could make Arcane a pretty strong circle with 20 or more spells,because it would be balanced.
    If we make all Arcane spells accessible for all players,we have to keep the current way,making it only a handful of rather weak spells.

Archmage of the Outer Ring jamoecw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardagg View Post
    Common,you cant seriously think that its a good fit to make Summon Hero Tier 6,waaaaay higher than in MoM,and then Summon Champion Tier 8....only 2 tiers highter than Summon Hero.
    Also,Summon Champion was way,way better in MoM than Summon Hero.Not sure how you played the game,but comparing an early game spell to a mid/late game spell is wrong in it self for a start. Imo there needs to be a significant difference in tier levels between the two,no matter which Tier level we end up with Summon Hero.
    typically i cap out on my heroes before i research summon hero, and by the time i bother to research those two spells i am in the process of mopping up the last remnants of my opponents. of course sometimes i decide to be a completionist and i sit back and try and get my score pumped up (disband max level heroes for champions, research and cast SoM). the only time i get summon hero in early game is if i run with no books.

for reference SH is 500 research cost (uncommon), and SC is 1250 research cost (rare).

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    I often research summon hero early and use it at least once or twice, myself.

You can be really,really unlucky with Heroes quite often,getting not more than 1 or 2 or the really weak ones despite having gold and fame.This is just one example where Summon Hero gets really important. I almost always research it early.
    Summon champion is a sick good spell for the price,especially since most of the time when you are ready casting it you are already into item crafting.Some of the champions you can get can be almost a game winner with some items/buff spells.
    Last edited by Mardagg; 02-08-2014 at 02:57 AM.

It's Saturday... Some stuff I'm just pushing off until Monday... This is one of those things... Carry on without me, lol.
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

OK guys, this week has been insane... between sickness and ice storms I've gotten almost nothing done. I'm going to have to push this off until next week. We're close to getting this wrapped up anyways
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213