Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sever the Bond

Developer

Sever the Bond

Sever the Bond
    Air/Summoning

Destroys target summoned unit and deals aoe damage.

Keeping a summoned unit under control requires vast amounts of mana. Should the link between unit and caster be broken, all that energy would be unleashed. As a results, the unit disperses and leaves behind a violent explosion.

Can also work as a strategic spell.

Mage of the Inner Tower Endless Rain's Avatar
    I like this spell a lot, it sounds awesome. Also, how big is the area of effect?
    I am waiting for the relaunch before playing Worlds of Magic, so I don't check the forums as often as I used to. In the meantime, the main forum I post at is RPG.net, if anyone here needs to contact me.

Mage of the Lesser Tower
    Can you cast this on your own Summoned units, or only your enemies'? It'd be neat, I think, if you could use it on your own without a saving throw, while I assume that casting it on your opponent's creature would have to overcome both the creature's saving throw and their Lord's Casting Skill (eg., functioning simultaneously as an attack on the creature and a Dispelling of their summoning spell -- so totally possible, but more difficult, and very unlikely against top-Tier Summons.)

The area of effect and the damage done should scale depending on how powerful the Summon is.

Oh, would this apply to Heroes and Champions that were Summoned into the game? It would actually be really interesting, I think, if there were some minor long-term differences between just Summoning one, versus rescuing one or having them come along and offer their services... but it would mean they'd need a `flag' that would be set when they come into the game, and I bet they don't have that at this time.

It is a neat idea. I feel certain Beo will be around to answer some of these questions soon
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Developer
    It would only affect creatures with special ability - summon.

I like the idea of scaling with target's effect.
    Exploding your own creatures would add a great deal of possibilites.
    Cost and tiers are yet to be set.

Caster of the Inner Tower
    +1 for the idea, but there should be a saving throw. And +1 for being able to use it on your own troops without a saving throw.

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    This spell minus the explosion was suggested previously - as Unbind. There's also Compel.

I don't mind new input, but am taken aback that just because Beo is a developer that his new suggestions are instantly garnering support - it's like all the previous spell discussions are trash and lets start new.
    Last edited by ampoliros; 02-06-2014 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ampoliros View Post
    This spell minus the explosion was suggested previously - as Unbind. There's also Compel.

I don't mind new input, but am taken aback that just because Beo is a developer that his new suggestions are instantly garnering support - it's like all the previous spell discussions are trash and lets start new.
    The Key is "moving on" here.
    I am really worried about the game never being finished...i mean a game in the footsteps of MoM is a huge task alone and getting so close with the community does help on the one hand ,but on the other hand when there are thousands of threads floating around over many months, it can make things overwhelmingly more difficult i would guess.
    So far,i am really surprised how close the devs worked together with the community, i did expect a lot less in this area and would have been still happy.
    But I feel now is the time to move on and keep things more focused.
    Obviously the devs are much better at keeping things focused,at least theoretically,since they are not only fantasy enthusiasts but also the Devs and they happen to know the game as a whole with their everyday work.

So i ask you,Ampoliros,do you prefer to get a finished game this year...or a game that never gets finished because the devs tried to accurately keep track of all the thousands of threads full of suggestions from the community?

---------- Post added at 01:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 AM ----------

Ah,and +1 to Sever the Bond.A nice spell!

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    I think Sever the Bond should be a higher tier version of Unbind.

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardagg View Post
    Ampoliros,do you prefer to get a finished game this year...or a game that never gets finished because the devs tried to accurately keep track of all the thousands of threads full of suggestions from the community?
    I like progress as much as the next person, but what was the point of this Spells Forum if the Dev assigned to implementing Spells ignores it?
    There are 3 polite options:
    1) Put a simple disclaimer in the post along the lines of, "Sorry if this is similar to an existing suggestion."
    2) It doesn't take much time to do some quick searching and at least give a nod to what came before
    3) Ask the community if such-and-such a kind of spell exists already. There are lots of us who are OK with doing the legwork of searching the Forum.

You never know what connections any of us backers have. The close relation to the backer community is what made the 2nd KS successful and has brought this project as far as it has become. If WI starts ignoring the backers now it could be disastrous.
    Last edited by ampoliros; 02-07-2014 at 02:20 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast