Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sever the Bond

Archmage of the Outer Ring jamoecw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ampoliros View Post
    I like progress as much as the next person, but what was the point of this Spells Forum if the Dev assigned to implementing Spells ignores it?
    There are 3 polite options:
    1) Put a simple disclaimer in the post along the lines of, "Sorry if this is similar to an existing suggestion."
    2) It doesn't take much time to do some quick searching and at least give a nod to what came before
    3) Ask the community if such-and-such a kind of spell exists already. There are lots of us who are OK with doing the legwork of searching the Forum.

You never know what connections any of us backers have. The close relation to the backer community is what made the 2nd KS successful and has brought this project as far as it has become. If WI starts ignoring the backers now it could be disastrous.
    leg work takes time, i'd suggest that you do it yourself and save the dev time he could otherwise be working on the game. there is also the added bonus that the suggestion might get used (allowing the community to have made a difference).

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    Asking us to do the leg work was one of his suggestions..

Developer
    No one is ignoring the forum.
    And no, previous suggestions aren't thrash - and aren't going to be.
    I'm just adding more ideas. It's good to have a variety of spells from one 'family'.

Personally, I don't find this suggestion simmiliar to Unbind. Unbind and Compel are meant to work in pair, they have strong synergies, and are subtle, while this is about destruction.

And the fact that I'm a developer doesn't mean my suggestions will be implemented, they are just suggestions.

Sorry if my actions left an unpleasant taste.

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    I'm all in favor of more ideas myself. Lots of these are interesting. But there is some crossover with old ideas so people being worried is understandable in my opinion.

-Its not always good to get more and more ideas.Sometimes "more" can be "too much",especially when the game is at a stage where progress is really important(at least to me),

- I think some people are repeatedly overreacting here lately when it comes to old suggestions not being implementend or overlooked. To me, it is totally understandable that the devs forget about some suggestions here and there and not that people are complaining.
    Last edited by Mardagg; 02-07-2014 at 06:08 PM.

Mage of the Lesser Tower
    As somebody who only heard about this during the second KS, I missed a lot of the earlier stuff, and after one valiant attempt to read through things, had to accept that if I was going to be involved at all, I needed to just jump in with what's being talked about now. So thank you, Ampoliros, for helping remember and tie-in the older ideas!

This does feel like a very different effect, though, and is slated to be available to Lords with different Circle choices. A Mentalist can get into a Summoned creature's head and undo the bindings that force it to serve; a Summoner can disrupt the actual summoning bond in a very violent way. I think that's cool, and it doesn't feel redundant to me at all.

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beo View Post
    Sorry if my actions left an unpleasant taste.
    To all my fellow Backers,

I sent Beo a private apology for my reaction.

I am all about WoM making progress.

A lot of us have spent a good chunk of time contributing to these Spell Forums. My brain made an incorrect leap that Beo's posts signified a disconnect on WI's part towards Backer contributions and I struck out trying to defend our contributions.

So here's to our continued collaboration. Together we can make WoM the best fantasy 4X ever.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12