Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ideas for a Tier 8 Death Summon

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    +1 to Dracolich then. An hopefully this will be one of the areas with more then one spell so we can have the Bonestorm too.

+1 to Dracolich.
    Maybe though a "Lesser Dracolich"?

I am bit worried that a Dracolich might too strong for a tier 8 Summon. From my Fantasy games experience,Dracoliches always have been really tough to kill, missile immune Undead Dragons,sometimes even stronger than "normal" dragons.

I was going to +1 Dracolich before it became popular to do so XD.

@Mardagg - from what I remember in older computerized D&D games, Dracoliches were a real pain to deal with too (almost always being stronger than red and blue dragons). I don't know if they need to be that tough either but I trust that it will be balanced.

Dracoliches it is then.

Don't worry about balancing. We won't be making him more powerful than a dragon. Probably it won't even be as good as Drakes (T8 fire and air summons).

Kind of a Dracolich "with a bad cough", lol.
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Quote Originally Posted by Hoverdog View Post
    Dracoliches it is then.

Don't worry about balancing. We won't be making him more powerful than a dragon. Probably it won't even be as good as Drakes (T8 fire and air summons).
    That sounds good! Thanks!

Again, I trusted and knew that it would make sense in the grand scheme of things.

Bad cough works too XD.

ok then,thats nice,looking forward to summon it

Ah had me worried there about the dracoliche being more powerful than a dragon. +1 from me
    Elder Dragon, Grand Chancellor x 2, Conjurer x 2, and some other type of Backer

Archmage of the Outer Ring jamoecw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zdsdead View Post
    Ah had me worried there about the dracoliche being more powerful than a dragon. +1 from me
    me 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by War Troll View Post
    +1 to Dracolichs. From the description on AD&D-

Dracoliches are created from evil dragons through powerful necromantic magics. Essentially, it involves the dragon dying and then taking over its own corpse. It also gains a vessel called a phylactery, or soul jar, in which its spirit is stored. The soul continues to exist even after the destruction of the body, and can only be killed by the destruction of the phylactery itself.

Something interesting could be done with this, maybe have it so Dracolichs destroyed in a battle can reanimate if the battle is then won. Or have it as an artifact carried by a hero.
    i like this, it could allow the dracoliches to be a fair bit weaker than other summons, while still being well worth the tier/spell cost.

If you want to know (of course you do!), here's a list of all the creature-summoning Summoning spells.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast