Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Augmentation/Life spells tiers 1 - 8

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    I'd still call true sight a minimum of tier 3, but hey, you're the developer..

And I wasn't convinced about Divine Conduct myself, but I didn't think of any other good max rank ideas..

a tentative list, comment:

Tier 1: Aid (T, small buff), Bless Weapon (ST, bonus to hit)
    Tier 2: True Sight (ST, protection from illusions), Holy Weapon (ST, double damage vs. undead)
    Tier 3: Prayer (T, buff to all friendlies)
    Tier 4: Heroism (S, one unit gets max level)
    Tier 5: Regeneration (ST, regeneration)
    Tier 6: Eden (S, bonus to food, unrest, and troops defending it)
    Tier 7: Holy Arms (S, bless weapon for everyone and their cats)
    Tier 8: Divine Conduit (S, augments Sorcerer Lord)

I liked my biomancy list more, TBH. That High Prayer stinks the most, maybe swap it with Eden? Thoughts?
    Last edited by Hoverdog; 02-13-2014 at 08:07 PM.

Battlemage
    I agree. Eden instead of high prayer. We got rid off of true light + global true light so similar removal should happen here. We could comparatively make prayer a bit more powerful.

We should probably look into regeneration carefully. I think there should exist regeneration in earth sphere as well. Perhaps we move the great fortitude there if people insist on not giving ability score buff to life. When I originally proposed it to Aaron I split the stat buffs to all spheres with life getting +con and +regen.

The others are:
    air: lightning reflexes (+dex, +first strike)
    earth: giant strength (+str, +wall crushing)
    death: deadly clarity (+int, +illusion immunity)
    fire: chaotic mind (+cha, +charm immunity)
    water: iron will: (+wis, +indomitable will)

Keep in mind that some of us spent $$$ to be able to get spell(s) in and while I'm not going to contest this I will be pretty gross if all the money spent on those will be ignored. Those were the only things I set as a requirement for the kickstarter money aside from purchasing the listed bonus critters.
    Last edited by Beregar; 02-13-2014 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beregar View Post
    I agree. Eden instead of high prayer. We got rid off of true light + global true light so similar removal should happen here. We could comparatively make prayer a bit more powerful.
    Eden it is then.

We should probably look into regeneration carefully. I think there should exist regeneration in earth sphere as well. Perhaps we move the great fortitude there if people insist on not giving ability score buff to life. When I originally proposed it to Aaron I split the stat buffs to all spheres with life getting +con and +regen.
    We could make the Earth regeneration Biomancy so it won't become redundant.

Keep in mind that some of us spent $$$ to be able to get spell(s) in and while I'm not going to contest this I will be pretty gross if all the money spent on those will be ignored. Those were the only things I set as a requirement for the kickstarter money aside from purchasing the listed bonus critters.
    Of course. That's the purpose of these threads.

Battlemage
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoverdog View Post
    Of course. That's the purpose of these threads.
    Just don't be surprised if people who expected to get "a spell" get annoyed if they miss this discussion. I believe people assumed we would get a survey which asks us to design a spell. At least I sort of assumed this *but* I prefer the open discussion for the most part.

For me these are more open discussion which is naturally very good as plenty of people have ideas. There aren't really any "pet spells" of mine yet on the lists anyway. Sure there are spells I've proposed but those are from the spell design threads which are open for everyone. All I'm asking is a "veto" right if I truly want some spell in and something else competes with it.

Assuming it doesn't grossly violate your internal design principles.

Edit: It was actually older thread which asked about suggest a spell. Not about the "purchase a spell" feature... whoops. Removed that part.
    Last edited by Beregar; 02-13-2014 at 03:46 PM.

Mage’s Assistant
    I like the last list with Beregar proposed change on tier 6.
    Nice ideas those here:
    air: lightning reflexes (+dex, +first strike)
    earth: giant strength (+str, +wall crushing)
    death: deadly clarity (+int, +illusion immunity)
    fire: chaotic mind (+cha, +charm immunity)
    water: iron will: (+wis, +indomitable will)
    Sorry Beregar, they were included in any list so far? You mean Air Regeneration should include also a small buff in constitution? I'm happy with that.

Mage of the Lesser Tower
    Making Prayer boostable with a mana-slider definitely sounds better than having Prayer and High Prayer. And Eden looks neat as a replacement for High Prayer, so I'm a +1 for that.

Regeneration is a broadly applicable effect -- I wouldn't mind seeing different forms of it under some different Elements. Life/Augmentation sounds like it should have the best pure Regeneration spell -- perhaps Life's Regeneration spell could include MoM's effect that if your side wins the battle, you get up again, which others may not, and offer an HP/Round rate that's actually scalable as a mana slider?

I'd like to see one in Earth/Biomancy, too, when we get there; Water has a classic healing connection, too, and might warrant something else, but I would expect both of those to heal just one HP/round, and then offer an added benefit tied to their Element.

I'm said at the loss of Life Beyond Death..

But other then that I'll give this my +1.

Quote Originally Posted by Happerry View Post
    I'm said at the loss of Life Beyond Death.
    What would you replace with it?

Holy Arms, probably, which is why I wasn't making a big argument for keeping it, because all the spells on the list seem more close to Life's core stuff, even if I think Life Beyond Death is cooler then most of them.

I'm just going to keep it in mind and then argue for including it in whatever expansion comes next.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast