Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Summoning Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Happerry View Post
    I'm gonna vote for Oblivion Mote to fill up that third circle death spell slot
    Hostile Justaxposition for the sixth level life slot
    This is good.

Abundant Ammunition for the first tier air slot.
    It can work for a cheap 1st tier spell.

Also Call to the Deep as the 8th Tier Water spell
    Not sure.

and perhaps Endless Ice as the other second tier one? Or that could fill the Tier 4 one if it spreads faster and is more slippery.
    I'm not feeling this one.

Lastly Ronaa's Yoke could be the tier three life spell.
    Fits the profile, though life has only a few summons itself.

Battlemage
    I assume summons mostly target units in one way or another. There are no city summons (dawn of the dead), resource summons (haunted mines) or globals (zombie mastery) here so I don't even suggest them.

Edit: Reformatted

Air Summons

1st: Summon Floating eye (air/summon): Fast scouting unit with weak electric ranged attack
    2nd: Word of Recall (air/summon). This should exist and it's definitely an air summon.

Death Summons

3rd: Raise Wights (death/summon) --> moved from 6th
    4th: Raise Mummies (death/summon) --> mummies should be more powerful than 2nd
    6th: Raise Bodak (death/summon): death gaze attack and elemental resistances

Life Summons

2nd: Summon Archon (life/summon): summons a hound archon
    2nd: Summon Avoral (life/summon): summons a bird-like celestial
    6th: Summon Couatl (life/summon): summons a sorcerous feathered serpent
    7th: Summon Deva (life/summon): powerful celestial proxy
    8th: Summon Archangel (life/summon) --> moved as top tier unit

Astral gate (life/summoning): connect two cities on any plane.
    Resurrection (life/summoning): I still think this should be summoning.

Water Summons

1st: Floating island (water/summoning): no reason this should not be in!
    8th: Dragon turtle/Kraken (water/summoning): top tier water summon
    Last edited by Beregar; 02-11-2014 at 04:13 PM.

I assume summons mostly target units in one way or another. There are no city summons (dawn of the dead), resource summons (haunted mines) or globals (zombie mastery) here so I don't even suggest them.
    Not really, in fact Dawn of the Dead is currently the T4 Death Summoning spell.

Summons
    The summons I added to the wiki are all the summons we are going to have right now.

Battlemage
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoverdog View Post
    The summons I added to the wiki are all the summons we are going to have right now.
    Do you mean as units? I mean we should not suggest new unit summons? Also I do not see dawn of the dead in wiki list when I follow the summons link?

Quote Originally Posted by Beregar View Post
    Do you mean as units? I mean we should not suggest new unit summons?
    Yes.
    Also I do not see dawn of the dead in wiki list when I follow the summons link?
    Oops. I'll add it in a minute.

Mage of the Lesser Tower
    Oooh... just read through most of those, there are some awesome spells in there!

I'll start with my +1s: Abundant Ammunition for 1st Tier Air sounds awesome, and gives Summoning a useful Unit Enchantment. I'm worried it may turn out to be more powerful than 1st Tier should be, but I'm happy to send it to playtest to see how missile units really play out. As I recall, Slingers and Javelineers in MoM were really only limited by their ammunition, and without that limit they'd have left Paladins and Warlocks in the dust as overpowered units... but we have different mechanics and that may not happen in WoM.

+1 to Call to the Deep as Tier 8 Water, but if it's that high, it needs to be re-envisioned as a Global Effect that hits enemy naval units hard enough and often enough that the controller of the spell really claims the seas until it's Disjuncted, but really, it just needs to do damage with a tentacl-y graphic, not actually open up tactical combat screens all over the place. There are enough workarounds (flight, water walking, just staying on land until you can deal with this) that this isn't game-ending, but could definitely have a major impact.

+1 for Endless Ice as Water 2.

Hostile Juxtaposition feels more like a Protection spell to me, but I'm definitely a +1 to Life/Summoning as a good place to put teleporting effects, so I'm OK with it there.

On that note, then, I would suggest:
    Life:
    1-Deadly Illusions (The effect is subtle and often irrelevant, so a low-Tier works, but the effect is like bringing something to life, or at least closer to life, so I think Life is a good fit for it. And it's a cool idea to suddenly make your Phantom Warriors work against things that are immune to Illusions, or have True Sight. Imagine their surprise when it turns out that actually, just the swords were real!)
    2-Word of Recall
    2-Blink (Unit Enchantment that allows `short range' - ie, battlefield-sized - teleports)
    3-Teleport (Strategic level teleport to move a unit stack some distance overland)
    6-Hostile Juxtaposition (as noted, it's not really where I'd put it, but that's OK, it does work. And as I understand the spell, it's a Unit Enchant that stays around and gives a near perfect defense to a single attack, so that's pretty good - Tier 6 works.)
    8-Ancestral Spirits (I loved that one; raising spiritual guardians over all of your cities sounds like a great step up from Archangel, and potentially frees you up from the obligatory garrison units - an excellent end-game effect to let a lot more of your army mobilize. It should impact your Unrest that way, too. Also, it really has that epic feeling that came with some of the top-level MoM spells.)

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoverdog View Post
    Fits the profile, though life has only a few summons itself.
    Ronaa's Yoke is intended to benefit all your summons, not just the Life ones.

Mage’s Assistant
    We've demoted CoF from Tier4 to Tier2.
    Yep what I meant is that CoF is missing from both Death and Summoning pages, it is only present in the Alphabetical list

Slime Wave will be Earth/Biomancy.
    Wonderful, I updated my excel, wiki still needs update for this.

I'm gonna vote for Oblivion Mote to fill up that third circle death spell slot, Hostile Justaxposition for the sixth level life slot, and Abundant Ammunition for the first tier air slot.
    I like those.

Life:
    1-Deadly Illusions (The effect is subtle and often irrelevant, so a low-Tier works, but the effect is like bringing something to life, or at least closer to life, so I think Life is a good fit for it.
    2-Word of Recall
    I like this too

I don't really love Endless Ice just because I had a bad experience with Civ5 and my naval units sank somewhere random in the map without being able to notice where the attack was coming from because the units were too spread in the map...
    But for water, the good old Wall of Water?

On a side note, in the last update you asked help for updating Wiki, I use daily the Confluence Wiki Markup, that is pretty close, so if you feel I can help feel free to PM me.

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    Er, do you mean Call to the Deep in that last paragraph where you suggest Wall of Water? Because Endless Ice is a tactical spell..

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

For the level five water summoning, I'd like to suggest a Sea Hag. I'd also like to suggest a Kronosaurus for the level eight summoning.

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

Also, I'd like to repost Tide of Unlife here as a suggestion for Death Summoning Tier 3.

Tide of Unlife
    Create a tide of negative energy that will strike all units on the battlefield at the beginning of their player's turn for the rest of the fight. (Battlefield Enchantment)

Mage’s Assistant
    Sorry Happerry yes I meant clearly the tentacle thing ruining boats all around the screen
    Originally Posted by Hoverdog
    I know Hoverdog said that, but I still think Life is a little too light in real summons...

I like Tide of Unlife, if not as Death/Summoning could make it for Death/Biomancy

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast