Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Summoning Circle

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    So, speaking of the Summoning Circle, I'd like to discuss Tier 9 spells for it.

I remember hearing from somewhere that 'Summon Dragon' is going to be one of them, and I'd like to +1 that because Dragons should be epic.

But for the other one... It is also to my understanding that Life and Death are going to have Tier 9 hero summoning spells, akin to Torin the Chosen from Master of Magic. This leaves us with an epic good hero, and an epic evil hero. I'd like to propose that the Summoning Circle also has a tier 9 hero summoning spell, for an epic neutral hero. That way we have a full line up of good, evil, and in between.

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    I've not had time during the work week to do much more than to lightly peruse the forums... I hope discussions go at least one full week before anything is set in stone.

Summoning
    -----------
    In general I do like the direction things are going.

One class of spell I really would like to see in WoM are spells that mess with control of summons. Unbind and Compel (and even Sever the Bond and Banish) provide a level of strategy regarding summons that I think will elevate WoM in this arena.
    Even if theses spells don't make it into the Summoning Circle, I really do think the ought to be in the game.
    EDIT: It seems Mentalism has been tagged as the anti-summon school, so these spells would go in Mentalism... As whatever Element.
    Last edited by ampoliros; 02-16-2014 at 07:16 PM. Reason: removed bit about phantoms

In general I do like the direction things are going. One thing I am concerned about are that there are no illusions in WoM at the moment. Phantom Warrior and Phantom Beasts were such an iconic piece of MoM I think it would be tragic to forget about illusions altogether in WoM.
    Both Phantom Beast and Warriors are in the summoning circle. There might be more illusion spells, operating on already existing units.

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoverdog View Post
    Both Phantom Beast and Warriors are in the summoning circle. There might be more illusion spells, operating on already existing units.
    Fair enough. I must have had an old wiki page in my buffer or something - not sure how I overlooked them.

Mage’s Assistant
    Quote Originally Posted by Happerry View Post
    I'd like to propose that the Summoning Circle also has a tier 9 hero summoning spell, for an epic neutral hero. That way we have a full line up of good, evil, and in between.
    Good proposal, +1!

Actually, that was the idea. If you go to Summoning circle wiki, you'll find a 9th tier spell called Incarnation...

Mage of the Lesser Tower
    Cool! When I actually click on Incarnation in the Wiki, I'm getting a blank page. I'd assumed it was the Life Summoning, since Torin was called "Incarnation" in MoM. I like it being for all three.

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    Huh. Somehow I never saw that before.

Well, I'll just claim it's a case of great minds working alike.

Sorcerer of the Lesser Tower
    Hey guys, just thought I would bring up a small point, but there are only 5 level 1 summoning spells, and if you pour all your points into summoning you end up with leftover unused spell points during character creation. not a big deal, but it feels like a waste.

Developer
    Not all spells are implemented yet.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast