Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Augmentation/Life spells tiers 1 - 8

Archmage of the Outer Ring jamoecw's Avatar

Post Augmentation/Life spells tiers 1 - 8

unplaced:
    Global tentative:
    Name: Master of Positive Energy
    Circles: Life, Augmentation
    Description: Very high mana upkeep. All positive energy effects cast by player get a 25% boost to their effect.
    Tactical tentative:
    Name: Increase Regeneration
    Description: Doubles regeneration or fast healingg of unit cast on.
    forum:
    blessed sun
    global, all units heal faster while spell is active, speed of healing is based on how arid the terrain is (lots for deserts).

Regeneration via circle change
    Name: Regeneration
    Circles: Earth? / Augmentation
    Description: Target unit gains +1 Regeneration.
    (MoM regeneration was +1 HP each round of combat and full heal at end of combat.)
    Corporeal Capacitor and here via circle change
    Biomancy / Life
    The caster's living units gain +X HP.
    Herosim (and here)
    Life? / Augmentation?
    Unit Enchantment
    Target unit becomes max level while upkeep is paid. Automatically dispels when the unit earns enough XP to naturally be max level.
    True Sight (and here)
    Life / Augmentation
    Unit Enchantment
    Target unit gains Illusion Immunity.
    Inspiration (also here)
    Life / Augmentation
    City Enchantment
    Inspire the citizens of the city to provide a small increase in production and also lowers unrest by 1.
    Radiant Gaze
    Life/augmentation
    Unit enchantment: Target unit gains illusion immunity and blinding gaze.

Notes: I know blinding gaze is not in game but maybe in future?
    Great Fortitude
    Life/Augmentation
    Unit enchantment: Target unit gains bonus to constitution and regenerates damage.

Notes: +2 con so +1 fortitude and +20 hp. Moderate regen.
    Promotion (and here)
    Life? / Augmentation?
    Unit gains X levels for the rest of the battle.
    Prayer (and here)
    Life / Augmentation?
    Battlefield Enchantment
    All friendly units receive +1 to all stats.
    High Prayer (and here)
    Life / Augmentation?
    Battlefield Enchantment
    All friendly units receive +2 to all stats.
    (I like having both Prayer and High Prayer spells - I would often cast both so I was +3.)
    Eden
    (Life, Augmentation)
    Call upon the powers of light to bless a land, improving its food production and causing any city that works the land to eliminate a minor degree of unrest. As well, any combat that takes place upon this tile will find that positive energy will strike all units on this battlefield at the start of their controlling player's turn. (Strategic)
    Holy War (and here)
    (Life, Augmentation)
    Your city-built units gain [some bonus] in battle.
    Divine Conduit (and here)
    Life / Augmentation
    The Sorcerer Lord allows himself to become an avatar of his chosen god thus increasing his Spell Power by X and makes all his spells harder to be resisted while the upkeep is paid.
    Life Beyond Death (and here)
    (Life, Augmentation)
    Allows all friendly living units to live on beyond death, causing all slain mortal troops in battle to have a chance to rise again as Positive Energy ghost versions of themselves until the battle is finished or they are slain a second time. Units in this state are a valid target for resurrection spells, which will return them to their normal living state.
    Last Great Measure (and here)
    Life/Augmentation
    Food, Gold, Mana, and Production in all your cities are increased by 100%. At the beginning of each turn, each city you control loses 1 population. If a city reaches 0 population, it is destroyed.

This is the panic button spell. You can't keep it going long, but if you're losing badly it might bet you to where you need to be to stabalize.

I also envision an opposite Death type spell.
    Endurance
    Name: Endurance
    Circles: Life / Augmentation
    Description: +1 movement to ground units. (low level)
    tier 1:
    Wiki:
    Aid

Descriptor: Life
    Tier: 1
    Research Cost: 100
    Casting Cost: 10
    Power Increase Cost: 5
    Area of Effect: Single Target
    Duration: 3 Rounds
    Spell Resistance: No
    Allows Savings Throw: No
    Applicable Saving Throw: -
    Saving Throw Effect: -
    Effect: Buff
    Increase Effect: Each increase adds 1 round to the duration.
    Target: Individual Unit

Aid enhances a target with a +1 bonus on attack rolls and saves against fear effects, plus temporary hit points.
    Holy Weapon
    Tactical

Descriptor: Good
    Casting Cost: 10
    Power Increase Cost: -
    Area of Effect: Single Unit
    Duration: Battle
    Effect: Unit Buff
    Increase Effect: -

Strategic

Descriptor: Good
    Casting Cost: 30
    Power Increase Cost: -
    Area of Effect: Single Unit
    Duration: Persistent
    Maintenance Cost: 1 Mana Per Turn
    Effect: Unit Buff
    Increase Effect: -
    Fills the target unit's weapons with positive energy. This positive energy does an additional 1D6 positive energy damage.
    tier 2:
    tier 3:
    tier 4:
    tier 5:
    tier 6:
    tier 7:
    tier 8:

so most haven't been put into tiers, and most have their own thread thanks mostly to amproliros.
    i'll edit this post for easy reference as the discussion progresses.
    Last edited by jamoecw; 02-13-2014 at 07:37 AM.

Mage’s Assistant
    So if I'm not wrong from last comment of Hoverdog, we have to assign 2 places for tier 2, one place for tier 3-8 so we have to choose between those 8 spells and eventually convert 2 of those of only life or only augmentation. Is this the right place to vote? If not I will delete this post later and move where is more appropriate.
    My votes:
    True Sight, Endurance (2)
    Great Fortitude (3)
    Prayer (4)
    Master of Positive Energy (5)
    High Prayer (6)
    Eden (7)
    Divine Conduit (8)

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    This is as good a spot as any to discuss what Tiers to put Augmentation / Life spells into.

A couple of questions.... Did jamoecw look for the Tier 9 (single circle) spells in his search?
    Should Tier 9 have it's own discussion? or should Tier 9 bridge the Circle combination threads?

I don't think a whole lot of very powerful spells were discussed. I think Divine Conduit might qualify as being a Tier 9 spell - and yes it could fit in either Life or Augmentation.

Eden could be a Tier 9 if it affected your whole empire.

Inspiration is a great simple spell - and if we can't find room for it as a single city spell, maybe it gets promoted to higher Tier as a whole empire spell?

Last Great Measure - if it gains support - seems like a Tier 9 spell to me.

Mage’s Assistant
    I dunno the logic behind tier 9 spells, but I do agree I *forced* some of them in lower tiers to keep the 9th free.
    But Eden, Divine Conduit and Last Great Measure qualify for Tier 9, even if, personally, I don't like too much Last Great Measure.

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    We can probably go a bit above the bare minumum, because he did say 'but the absolute minimum is 360 spells total'. And a Minimum is not a maximum. As long as we don't get silly about it, at least.

There was much debate and to paraphrase, Aaron decided that Tier 9, the highest Tier, should be spells of a single Circle.

Tiers 1-8 remain one Effect Circle and one Element Circle combined.

Mage’s Assistant
    I agree Happerry, but first let's close the circle, oops the remaining gaps and then we/they can add more spells.

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

Yes ampoliros, I meant if I dunno if tier 9 spells can be selected from those proposed here or there is a separate thread for them. So far a couple of those could be a tier 9 Life or Augmentation, do be both they can be maximum tier 8.

Until Aaron or another Dev accepts a spell and slots it, it is fair game to discuss/morph. (And even then, if there is a sufficiently motivating argument they might agree to change a spell they've already added.)

The Spells Forums are for Backers to discuss the proposed spells. We are doing exactly what we're supposed to be doing. All the spells in the forum are proposed by us Backers. Aaron and the Devs so far have added most of the spells from these suggestions. That's a pretty cool perk to being an active Backer.
    Last edited by ampoliros; 02-09-2014 at 10:08 PM. Reason: typo

Mage’s Assistant
    Yeah love that and regret not being involved earlier... (for my fault and laziness)
    I still confirm my preferences, unless tier 9 can be chosen between those spells, in that case I would propose Last Great Measure and Divine Conduit as tier 9 and Life Beyond Death at tier 8 (or swap the last 2).

OK, that's a good place to start. But I think we'll find that even with all the spells that have been suggested that there are still going to be holes in the 378 that make it into the game. So new spell suggestions may be necessary.

Also, since this thread is Life / Augmentation, that means there are 2 Tier 9 Life spells and 2 Tier 9 Augmentation spells to fill (not that we have to in this thread).

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast