Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Protection/Life spells tiers 1 - 8

Battlemage
    Well as long as we get consecration type city protections somewhere in life I'm fine. There are going to be tons of curses in death and constantly casting disenchant area would be tiresome. City shields are by far my favorite spells.

Waiting eight levels before you can get rid off of pestilence, cursed lands etc type spells would be a pain. I rather lose death ward on that case. I prefer city and strategical level spells and battles over unit battles.
    Last edited by Beregar; 02-13-2014 at 06:38 PM.

Mage’s Assistant
    I like Hoverdog list, solves the Death immunity problem at tier 4 and cleanse what is left in tier 6. Bless or Holy Aura from the description are quite similar, I'm happy with both...

Quote Originally Posted by Beregar View Post
    Well as long as we get consecration type city protections somewhere in life I'm fine. There are going to be tons of curses in death and constantly casting disenchant area would be tiresome. City shields are by far my favorite spells.
    Good point. Such a spell definitely belongs in Protection. I suppose some other spell has to make way.
    OR we might do it this way: Wall of Force drops to T1 and CoP to T2; Consecration returns at either T3 or T4 (in which case, Death Ward drops a rank). Now we both have a city protection spell and solve the missing Tier1 conundrum. What say you?

Mage of the Lesser Tower
    Aww, I like Shared Destiny. I know in MoM, if I have missile weapons on my side and am facing a mass of enemy troops, I'd much rather weaken all their Units than eliminate a few. So a spell that lets a weakened Unit function at full strength until the end sounds pretty awesome to me. Units that had it would also have a decided advantage over equally matched Units, just because their opponent would get weaker each clash and they.. wouldn't.

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    +1 for Hoverdog's List and suggested fix.

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

Also, I want to note that if you Bless a Water Elemental, I think it should totally turn into a Holy Water Elemental.

Mage’s Assistant
    I Like Hoverdog change and I'd propose to consider Shared Destiny for a Life/Summoning tier 1? I know a little bit forced...

Mage of the Lesser Tower
    +1 for Happerry's Holy Water Elemental easter egg; that's hilarious. Um, and honestly, +1 for Hoverdog's Amended List, too.

Life/Summoning doesn't feel right for Shared Destiny, but I there are other places it can work. It could be interesting under Water (flowing chi) or... ooh. Death/Biomancy? I suspect we're going to have some similar troubles there as we are with Life/Destruction, and it fits there.

Shared Destiny works well in Death/Biomancy

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    After some thought, I'd like to +1 Consecration as a tier 4 spell and bumping down Death Ward to tier 3. That way it's not right before Sacred Ground, and we have a bit of separation between the two 'screw the undead' spells.

How does this look like:

Tier 1: Bless (ST, bonus to AC and saves), Wall of Force (S, improves walls toughness)
    Tier 2: Resist Elements (ST, elemental damage reduction), Circle of Protection (T, units on selected tile get high defensive bonuses)
    Tier 3: Death Ward (S?T, high bonuses vs. undead, immunity to death effects)
    Tier 4: Consecration (S, protects a city from negative spells, cleanses corruption)
    Tier 5: Sacred Ground (ST, a wall undead/summons cannot cross)
    Tier 6: Cleanse Magic (T, new one: removes all negative enchantments from caster's units)
    Tier 7: Planar Seal (S, locks planar travelling)
    Tier 8: Mana Shield (S)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast