Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Summoning/Life spells tiers 1 - 8

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    Settle Down is interesting, but I'd prefer Guardian Spirit.

Archmage of the Outer Ring jamoecw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alghero View Post
    Solve this with a Resurrection mana cost depending on the level of the unit? Like Warlords Battlecry III and tons of others? And maybe limiting what can be resurrected by a minimum level of the sorceror / circle learned?
    that's a good idea.

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoverdog View Post
    I like Ronaa's Yoke, but since Life has only four summons, it'd only work well with a Life/Summoning Sorcerer Lord. It should fit better as an Earth, Wind or (and) Fire spell.
    Dude, ALL summons get buffed by it, not just Life summons. Where did you get that?

I think he meant 'if you just buy all the life circles, and not the summoning ones, Life won't have much summons to go with its summoning buff skill. Perhaps we should put it with a circle that has more actual summoned monsters.'

Or at least that's how I read it.

And -1 to limited what you can resurrect, but +1 to a variable cost.

Quote Originally Posted by alghero View Post
    Solve this with a Resurrection mana cost depending on the level of the unit? Like Warlords Battlecry III and tons of others? And maybe limiting what can be resurrected by a minimum level of the sorceror / circle learned?
    +1 to this.
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Happerry View Post
    I think he meant 'if you just buy all the life circles, and not the summoning ones, Life won't have much summons to go with its summoning buff skill. Perhaps we should put it with a circle that has more actual summoned monsters.'

Or at least that's how I read it.
    That's what I meant. If you haven't got any circles in Summoning, all the Yoke's gonna do is power up Unicorns and Angels (which are themselves a support unit).

The obvious problem with this, otherwise very good, idea is WoM's mana spending system: you cast the spell expending mana, and only then you pick the target. We might solve it by having to overload the spell for each level the hero has, but that's still pretty counter-intuitive. Any other solutions?

Settle Down is interesting, but I'd prefer Guardian Spirit.
    Guardian Force (that's what you meant?) is fine, but a battle-wide bonus to saves AND a counterspell is clearly too powerful for Tier 2. No save bonus and we're talking.
    Last edited by Hoverdog; 02-15-2014 at 11:03 PM.

Archmage of the Outer Ring jamoecw's Avatar
    The obvious problem with this, otherwise very good, idea is WoM's mana spending system: you cast the spell expending mana, and only then you pick the target. We might solve it by having to overload the spell for each level the hero has, but that's still pretty counter-intuitive. Any other solutions?
    is there preset positions on the slider? if so you could have the preset positions be for resurrecting different things, like low level unit, high level unit, hero , and then champion (approximately). then when the spell is cast you can pick what you can bring back of the eligible list.

another way you might be able to do it, is to cast the spell, then get a dialog box asking you which person you want to higher, with the cost of each in mana (like a two part spell).

another is to have a single cost, but then you get a refund of mana back based on how much extra was spent.

Guardian Force (that's what you meant?) is fine, but a battle-wide bonus to saves AND a counterspell is clearly too powerful for Tier 2. No save bonus and we're talking.
    I'd accept that. We already have the Guardian Light for a save bonus.

I agree. If we get a spell like that, it should be tier 6 or 7. That's really powerful IMHO.
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

Mage’s Assistant
    Quote Originally Posted by jamoecw View Post
    is there preset positions on the slider? if so you could have the preset positions be for resurrecting different things, like low level unit, high level unit, hero , and then champion (approximately). then when the spell is cast you can pick what you can bring back of the eligible list.
    I believe this is a really good idea and quite reasonable. You need to know in advance what you want to resurrect and to know which "tier" he belongs to. If the tiers are the 4 described by Jamoecw, it seems quite easy to use...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast