Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grey Elves 3D -> Unicorn Rider

Grey Elves 3D -> Unicorn Rider

Here's another one of this Grey guys. I think that Orcs aren't gonna like him...

Nice! Bests horse you've done yet, and I really love the lance.
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

Mage of the Lesser Tower
    I like the luminescent hooves. That's a nice touch.

I like the lance too
    Elder Dragon, Grand Chancellor x 2, Conjurer x 2, and some other type of Backer

I know this is an old topic, but... aren't unicorn riders traditionally female?

Depending on the lore, being a virgin could be enough. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
    Depending on the lore, being a virgin could be enough. =)
    Maybe, but I think we could use more female units, anyway.

But if the rider is male, how about using this as inspiration?

Sorcerer of the Lesser Tower
    Nice! Although the green bits look too bright and oversaturated compared to the previous models and even compared to the steed and lance, which makes it too cartoony.

Also the lance is a bit confusing... Which side is the pointy one?

The green bits are fine for a fabulous unicorn rider.

Mage of the Lesser Tower
    Unicorn riders are so stereotypically female that it's actually one of few places I'm particularly happy they went with male. The Grey Elves have Pegasus Riders and the Grey Mage that have female base-units. Those are, as far as I can tell, the only females on the "Unit" level in the game at all so far. There was, a long time ago, a solid discussion about making male and female versions of every Unit -- the official poll actually leaned towards `yes', but the discussion pointed out that that was a bit silly in terms of how it used our artists' time and our resources generally. I wasn't here yet for that, but pretty well agree... on both sides, I guess. It would be basically nice to have, but there's already so much for them to draw and model and animate.. that was going too far, I think. What I wish it had included was, "Well, if we're not doubling up almost all of the Units, then which ones should we model as women?" -- but it didn't, so they have pretty much defaulted to male, as they do.

I'm hoping we'll end up with more than two, though, and rather forlornly hoping we'll end up with any-at-all that aren't Elves. Though I don't... really think so, at this point. The High Men and Orcs have all been drawn out and don't have any, and the Draconians, Myrodants, and Unhallowed are all generally a bit hard to tell. (Though what we've seen so far of the Draconians and Unhallowed, it's all very masculine anyway). So... maybe we can hope for a dwarf? And have a rousing discussion about whether Dwarven women have beards? That's always a fun one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast