Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Life Tier 9

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    I'll +1 those two.

Battlemage
    I think Incarnation of Life cheapens the tier9 summon as they both essentially do the same. As for Angelic Pact. Is that supposed to be global? If so you drown to prompts in end game. Assuming the game is anything like MoM. Plus then add the potentially larger maps because of all the planes. It should resurrect automatically. I don't get the "I want some units to die" counterargument. If you don't like a unit why not disband it?

They only do the same thing insomuch as they summon different heroes.. One evil superhero in death, one good superhero in life, and one neutral one in summoning.. That's a good balance.

Caster of the Inner Tower
    For Angelic Pact, maybe instead of a yes/no popup for each unit, we could have a single popup with all the units that were killed during a battle, and have checkboxes or whatever to select the ones you want to resurrect ?

But I'm not even sure there is a popup needed, there is some balancing to do of course (in the spell upkeep cost, which as jamoecw suggested, could be very small) and the cost of resurection, maybe 50% of the unit cost is better than 100%.

Else, +1 for those two spells, they seem fine to me as Tier 9 for Life.

Battlemage
    Quote Originally Posted by Happerry View Post
    They only do the same thing insomuch as they summon different heroes.. One evil superhero in death, one good superhero in life, and one neutral one in summoning.. That's a good balance.
    By that logic elemental circles should get their own summons as well. Frankly I don't get this fixation with life having ultimate hero. The only argument I can think of is that Torin was life hero in MoM and as far as arguments go it's rather meh considering we now have entire summoning sphere. Summoning is about units. Let's not step on its toes. Life tier9 should be a massive buff spell imo. Not a specific unit.

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    In a way I agree with Beregar that Life's Tier 9 is probably better being a global buff.

The homage to Torin would be better served in making him a Titan, rather than a summon.

It does cheapen the Summoning Circle if there are top summons outside of it. Especially since a lot of die-hard MoM fans will be disappointed if the obvious Torin replacement is not the best summon. Making Torin's homage a Titan takes care of the disappointment. Either that or Torin needs to be in the Summoning Circle.
    Last edited by ampoliros; 02-22-2014 at 11:05 AM.

..Why would all the elements have their own summon? I don't get that at all. There are three alignments, so a spell for each alignment is an easy choice to make. One good spell, one evil spell, and one neutral spell. Simple. Clean. And has nothing to do with the other elements..

As for cheapening the summoning circle.. by that logic top tier spells shouldn't do damage, because that would cheapen the destruction circle, or protect units, because that would cheapen protection, or enhance them, because ditto for augmentation. Don't use that logic, it sucks.

Besides, Summoning Circle also gets Dragons. That's nicely ultimate in my view.
    Last edited by Happerry; 02-22-2014 at 12:03 PM.

Battlemage
    Quote Originally Posted by Happerry View Post
    As for cheapening the summoning circle.. by that logic top tier spells shouldn't do damage, because that would cheapen the destruction circle, or protect units, because that would cheapen protection, or enhance them, because ditto for augmentation. Don't use that logic, it sucks.
    Your logic is faulty. The issue with summoning circle is that it largely *only* summons units. Ask yourself. Would you spend 9 tiers worth of picks on summoning when it's almost exclusively formed of unit spells. The only saving grace for summoning is if the most powerful unit in game can be gotten through it. If you can get the same spell from life and/or death in addition to having more flexibility why would you pick summoning?

It's like giving the most powerful damage spell to fire and stating it's completely okay because destruction has similar spell. It's absolutely not ok. No one would pick 9 ranks worth of destruction if they can get similar spell from picking fire.

Edit: of course here's the option to make the life avatar significantly weaker than the summoning incarnation spell but I doubt that would make people happy. Doesn't sound tier9 material.
    Last edited by Beregar; 02-22-2014 at 12:58 PM.

Mage’s Assistant
    I kinda agree with Beregar that Summoning Tier 9 should be by far the most powerful summoning spell, but I kinda like the idea of the 3 summons by alignment, as long as life and death are weaker that Summoning
    The idea of a recap of all killed units in a single box would be good but I'm just seeing myself overloaded by this popup appearing each turn (as long as I have mana left). We need an idea to avoid big lists of units to select each turn.
    What about keeping dead units in a limbo for x turns and whenever the caster wants to resurrect something, he can access that popup (or whatever) and select whatever he wants to resurrect that turn? It would be similar to Resurrection, I know, but different in 3 ways:
    - only units killed in battle can respawn this way
    - they are kept in this limbo (summoning circle) only for x turns (while Resurrection I believe can resurrect everything)
    - has a fixed upkeep cost independently if I'm using it or not

And the advantage would be to not have an annoying popup (or even worse a single popup for each unit) every single turn even if nothing worth of respawning died...
    What do you think?

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alghero View Post
    What about keeping dead units in a limbo for x turns and whenever the caster wants to resurrect something, he can access that popup (or whatever) and select whatever he wants to resurrect that turn? It would be similar to Resurrection, I know, but different in 3 ways:
    - only units killed in battle can respawn this way
    - they are kept in this limbo (summoning circle) only for x turns (while Resurrection I believe can resurrect everything)
    - has a fixed upkeep cost independently if I'm using it or not
    I like this solution to Angelic Pact. It's not in your face and lets the player be selective.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast