Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sorcerer Lords

The Sorcerer Lords

OK guys, this thread is about the Sorcerer Lords we want to offer players as prefabs to use or as AI opponents. I know we talked about this before, but now we have a few more anchor points in place. We know how character creation is going to work, how many points we have to spend, and how much things are going to cost.

The idea of this post is to throw ideas in the hat. Give us a name, a short description of their play style, and what they are going to spend their points on.

Now, to refresh your memories: A player has 12 points to spend. Each tier in every spell circle costs 1 point. The costs of Disciplines are listed in their descriptions. I think we should limit the number of extra points you can get by taking negative Disciplines to 6.

I know we won't really be able to complete these until the spell list is closer to finished, but there's a lot to do. I want to start firming up the ideas we like. Then we can really flesh them out once the spell lists are finished.

For reference:

Spell Circles
    Disciplines
    Spells

(Keep in mind that a large number of spells are currently missing from the Wiki. You can find them in the Spells section of the forums. Spells Section.)

So, if you have an idea for a Sorcerer Lord jump in. We're listening
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

We've done this (type) of thread already. Here's the link: http://forum.wastelands-interactive....elect-Sorcerer

Are you tossing out those suggestions or do you want us to refine them or how do you want to proceede WRT those original ideas?
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

Caster of the Inner Tower
    No real details here, but I think we should have a mix of classical (like, a "good guy" with lots of life, protection, and realted disciplines, a "bad guy" with death and fire or so) and original (some weird combo like death/protection or a guy with two picks in each elemental circles, or ...).

Quote Originally Posted by kilobug View Post
    No real details here, but I think we should have a mix of classical (like, a "good guy" with lots of life, protection, and realted disciplines, a "bad guy" with death and fire or so) and original (some weird combo like death/protection or a guy with two picks in each elemental circles, or ...).
    That's a good idea. We want players to have lots of different challenges.

Troy, I want us to refine those ideas (and add to them). We need to lay out where their points will be spent, what tiers they will have in which circles, etc. This is basically "step 2". After we flesh them out a bit I am going to start putting the ones we like in the Wiki. From there we'll finalize them and start working them into the game

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Troy, I want us to refine those ideas (and add to them). We need to lay out where their points will be spent, what tiers they will have in which circles, etc. This is basically "step 2". After we flesh them out a bit I am going to start putting the ones we like in the Wiki. From there we'll finalize them and start working them into the game
    Awesome.

I'm going to refine Rastiss from that thread:

Name: Rastiss
    Magic: Death (4), Mentalism (5)
    Disciplines: Archmage, Mystic, Prodigy
    Disposition: Semi-agressive
    Strategy: Out cast enemies in battle, use charm and confusion spells to turn enemy units against their masters
    Personality: Interested in finding new spells and gaining mana. Will respond more positively to tribute of mana, spells, and cities than to gold, heroes, units, or magic items.
    Factions: Dark Elves (common), Unhallowed (uncommon), Draconians (rare)

Rastiss is a male Dark Elf sorcerer-lord. He would fall more toward the spell-mage end of the spectrum rather than toward the warrior-mage end. Charm, Confusion, and Sleep would be his favorite types of combat spells. He might dabble in raising the dead after a battle, but that would not be a major strategy.

Concept Art:

Last edited by Troy_Costisick; 02-24-2014 at 04:09 PM.

Mage of the Inner Tower War Troll's Avatar
    62 Troll Drive, Troll Town, Plane of Myrror
    MARKAS

Description:

A former adventurer and Sellsword Captain, Markas would have likely lived and died sword in hand, plying his trade across the lands. After sparing the life of a mysterious Seer, he was told of Erannra's impending doom, and how only those versed in the magical arts would escape through the Portals. Disappearing one night with not a word to his lieutenants, Markas sought out as much magical knowledge as he could before Elannra consumed itself. Finding himself neither adept or enthusiastic about the deeper studies of magic, he makes up for it with his huge knowledge of warfare.

Considered uncouth and uneducated by the more refined Sorcerers, Markas eschews advanced Magical ability in favour of military adventurism and conquest.

Disciplines:

Warlord
    Relic Hunter
    Pillager
    Cartographer
    Lucky
    Mentor

Spell Tiers:

Earth tier: 1,2
    Fire tier: 1,2
    Air tier: 1
    Life tier: 1,2

Negative traits:

Butcher
    Last edited by War Troll; 02-26-2014 at 12:56 AM.

Yes, just like that

Caster of the Inner Tower
    Just a question : is chosing both Life and Death allowed ?

Well, no, it's not. (I missed that. I hadn't given them a real read yet. My point was just that they represent the kind of feedback I want.) If you want Life and Death spells you basically have to take effects circles that give you what you want. For instance Biomancy contains a lot of spells where Life and Death overlap.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast