Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: The Sorcerer Lords

Quote Originally Posted by Troy_Costisick View Post
    I like Grzzt (biomancy version), but I would replace Pillager with Enlightened so his units level faster.
    Yeah. This maximises the build and would make him/her pretty powerful.
    Replacing Looter with Enlightened or upping Biomancy to (4) would probably be better fitting to a viking themed Orc faction.

I didnt choose Enlightened however to make this build a little more different to Markas.
    I did take Looter to represent some barbaric influence and to open the possibility to take Xenophobe.

There some interesting alternate builds I had in mind:

Name: Grzzt
    Magic: 4 Augmentation, 6 Biomancy
    Disciplines: Warlord (1), Potion Master(1), Healing (2), Pillager(1),
    Negative Disciplines: Xenophobe(3)
    Disposition: Aggressive city looter
    Strategy: Grzzt is an Orc Warlord with extraordinary Healing Skills. She relies on very strong individual troops supported by Augmentation spells and the healing abilites, and likes to make instant gold out of conquered cities.

Might be too advanced for release as premade build due to Xenophobe.

Myrodant Biomancer v2:

Name: Klacko or N'Klacko
    Magic: 8 Biomancy
    Disciplines: Expansionist(1), Purveyor(1), Traveler(1), Warlord(1)
    Negative Disciplines: none
    Disposition: Swarms the world
    Strategy: He can expand very fast,with lower food maintenance cost and the abilitiy to move the capital anywhere needed. His Biomancy skills are unmatched and offer a lot of flexibility.

Since we most likely will end up with another Warlord SL besides Markas, imo this would be an interesting build as well... I do prefer the Biomancy(9) version without Warlord though in general.

Last edited by Mardagg; 03-13-2014 at 07:19 PM.

Archmage of the Outer Ring jamoecw's Avatar
    i think klacko makes a good biomancy/expansionist SL.

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardagg View Post
    Name: Grzzt
    Magic: 4 Augmentation, 6 Biomancy
    Disciplines: Warlord (1), Potion Master(1), Healing (2), Pillager(1),
    Negative Disciplines: Xenophobe(3)
    Disposition: Aggressive city looter
    Strategy: Grzzt is an Orc Warlord with extraordinary Healing Skills. She relies on very strong individual troops supported by Augmentation spells and the healing abilites, and likes to make instant gold out of conquered cities.

Might be too advanced for release as premade build due to Xenophobe.
    i'd swap out potion master for enlightened (you already get better healing from healer).

as for xenophobe being too difficult, it would give a diplomatic penalty (due to razing), but it would keep you from having to deal with racial relations, mixed unit armies, or different racial bonuses for where to put different race cities for maximum effect. all of this reduces overhead, and thus simplifies the learning curve somewhat. pillager helps offset the downsides (increased diplomatic penalty, less fame, having to build settlers) and is a great pairing.
    Last edited by jamoecw; 03-13-2014 at 08:56 PM.

Battlemage
    I know we have all sorcerer lords in already but here are a few more for fun. I'm probably going to run them as custom sorcerers if the game allows own portraits.

Name: Nimuel, the Lady of Lament
    Magic (12): Death 3, Water 3, Mentalism 6
    Disciplines (0): Hypnotist +1, Vengeful -1
    Disposition: Vengeful
    Favored races: Dark Elf, Grey Elf, Human, Unhallowed
    Theme: lady of the lake meets banshee - aka my take on fairy tales

Once upon a time there was a sorceress famed for her hypnotic voice. There was no man nor beast who would not be mesmerized by her enchanting melodies but back then there was nothing but kindness in her soul. This all changed when she was betrayed by the one she had given her heart to. Old stories do not give name to the man - if it was indeed man - who broke her heart. Nor there is agreement on the specifics of the act. What is known is that it drove her to madness, despair and finally death.

On a single fateful night she walked to the cliffs near her tower and threw herself across the ledge but the story did not end there for she was a great sorceress. Magic and despair such as hers does not die easily and she rose as a vengeful specter reclaiming the tower, the lands, and the minds of the people around her. Her voice is no less enchanting but now it carries a tone of vengeance instead of serenity.

------------------------------------------

Name: Shayk Al-Maruf
    Magic (9): Air 9
    Disciplines (3): Merchant +2, Traveler +1
    Disposition: Jovial Trader
    Favored races: Nomad, Human
    Theme: Djinn Master of a desert empire

Shayk is the Lord of all Djinn. He is a lover of all things fine and his traveling citadel is rumored to be a mystic cornucopia of limitless riches. It is true that he is renown of his ostentatious displays of power and that he never seems to run out of riches either. Because of his extravagant lifestyle some sorcerer lords are quick to dismiss him as a pretentious buffoon while others have turned their greedy thoughts towards conquest. Yet none can deny his mastery over the element of air and conquering armies have been known to be reduced to sorry scraps by wrathful storms long before they are even close to his citadel. The few that actually manage to reach it see it disappear before their own eyes.

Note! Nomads are not yet in but maybe in future...

------------------------------------------

Name: Hiss'ra
    Magic (10): Water 5, Biomancy 5
    Disciplines (2): Necromancer
    Disposition: fierce expansionist
    Favored races: Lizardfolk, Draconian
    Theme: Swamp witch

Hiss'ra is a powerful shamanistic witch who draws her power from the aspects of life and death. She is also known as the witch of the swamps for her roots lie deep within the lizardfolk mysticism that holds swamps as sacred places. She considers herself as master of all things scaled and fiercely protects interests of her chosen races aiming to spread their influence across the very planes. Those angering her find their cities plagued with famine and decay while hers are teeming with life and growth. Any force foolish enough to assault her finds their troops sapped of will and life while hers are bolstered and invigorated.

Note! Lizardfolk not yet in but maybe in future. I see lizardfolk favoring swamps so it was the inspiration for a swamp mage.
    Last edited by Beregar; 03-15-2014 at 03:01 PM. Reason: i

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    Here's one for future use (since the starting 13 are chosen)

Thunderhead Stormcaller

Air 8
    Archmage (2), Channeler (1), Mystic (1)
    Aggressive

Thunderhead Is your prototypical Arch-Mage. He uses magic as often as he can to solve his problems. Starting at a young age he found he was naturally able to direct the weather and spent his teens calling storms over his Village as he was out tending to the family flock.

(If a really cool weather related spell makes Air Tier 9, drop Mystic and add another Air.)

Arcane Candidate
    Uruman the Mumbler
    Magic:
    Biomancy 4 Augmentation 4
    Disciplines: Cartographer, Charismatic, Expansionist, Geologist, Merchant, Worldshaper
    Negative Disciplines: Xenophobe, pacifist
    Disposition: Ostensibly absentminded and elderly, constantly apologizing for settling land close to the borders of his neighbours, willing to pay for his mistakes (with gold). A schemer whose sole purpose is to populate the world and crush all the lesser races beneath his leather clad heel.
    Strategy: Urman is eager to expand his empire at any and every opportunity. Regarding other players, he understands the virtue of patience. He will gladly engage in diplomacy and will never stab anybody in the back as he believes his expansionist policies will eventually see everybody bend the knee to him. He avoids conflict and focuses on expansion but similarly understands that conflict will be inevitable given his predilection and will prepare armies for the coming conflict.
    Personality: see disposition
    Factions: Human only. Hates all other factions

I'm a little late to the Sorcerer Lord discussion but as someone who backed at the level to design one of the Sorcerer Lords, when will that come into play?

Archmage of the Outer Ring jamoecw's Avatar
    most of this is for the SLs that weren't backed by any 1 person. i hope you get to make up your own SL, you earned (well paid, but toe-mae-toe, tah-mah-toe) it.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112