Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sorcerer Lords

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    de99f7e9fed5c1f163e7ad8fcbc2e0f10a1fe4cd.jpg

Name: Eve
    Magic: Life 4, Biomancy 4, Protection 2
    Disciplines: Worldshaper, Beast Lord
    Disposition: Passive-Aggressive
    Strategy: Enchants units heavily, casts defensively in battle and tries to unenchant enemy units. Focuses on smaller amounts of elite units more then swarms. Will deploy offensive diplomacy and alliance building against enemies.
    Personality: Peaceful, but highly protective of her people. Will stop at nothing to take a captured city back, but doesn't like starting wars. Well attempt to form alliances against any enemies.
    Factions: High Men (common), Grey Elves (uncommon), Dwarves (rare)

Eve is an ancient mage who remembers the devastation the last round of all out magical warfare brought upon the land. She would give almost anything to keep that from happening again, but the only way she can see to prevent it is to take up the role herself and become so powerful as to prevent such wars from ever again starting.

Despite this resolve, she still doesn't actually like hurting things, and prefers to focus on defending her own followers before attacking other wizards.
    Last edited by Happerry; 02-24-2014 at 11:39 PM.

Mage of the Inner Tower Endless Rain's Avatar
    I'm going to suggest two sorcerer lords, and they are pretty much polar opposites. Kyor Baelyn focuses entirely on spellcasting, while Elessir Dann is entirely focused on disciplines. Naturally, they hate each other and are much more likely to go to war against each other. I haven't decided either of their genders yet, and I'll decide based on whether there are more male or female sorcerer lords in the final lineup.

ei_redwiz_med[1].jpg

Name:
    Kyor Baelyn
    Race: Half-Grey Elf, Half-Human
    Magic: 9 fire, 9 water
    Positive Disciplines: None
    Negative Disciplines: Opulent, Ascetic, Vengeful
    Disposition: Will rarely declare war, but never signs peace treaties due to Vengeful discipline. Kyor absolutely hates Elessir though, as well as anyone else who has no spell circles.
    Strategy: Kyor focuses on mana and spell research. Due to having multiple tier 9 circles, Kyor is perhaps one of the most versatile sorcerer lords in the game.
    Personality: Kyor is normally peaceful and will rarely invade you unless you do are very weak or are playing as Elessir. Kyor does try to found lots of cities to make up for not invading others though.
    Factions: Humans (Common), Myrodants (Uncommon) Unhallowed (Rare) Grey Elves (Very Rare)

tumblr_m3dbu3yUDh1rty7tao1_1280[1].jpg

Name: Elessir Dann
    Race: Dark Elf
    Magic: Arcane spells only. (Technically an advisor casting them, not Elessir)
    Positive Disciplines: Alchemist, Cartographer, Master Cartographer, Omniscient, Mentor, Gate Master, Expansionist, Enlightened, Potion Master, Warlord, Merchant, Lucky, Oracle, Relic Hunter, Rescuer.
    Negative Disciplines: Heretic, Pariah, Merciless.
    Disposition: Very Aggressive, but will try to ally with other non-casters.
    Strategy: Elessir rushes enemies before they can research powerful spells. Elessir also converts all his/her mana into gold, since he/she can't use it or give it away.
    Personality: Elessir hates the other sorcerer lords, especially Kyor, since Kyor accidentally destroyed Elessir's hometown with magic. Elessir is considered a pariah by the rest of the sorcerer lords, due to not being able to cast spells, but one of Elessir's advisors can cast arcane spells.
    Factions: Orcs (Common), Draconians (Uncommon,) Dark Elves (Rare), Dwarves (Very Rare)

P.S. +1 to lintking (Except the part about Alhasret.)

EDIT: I added images for them. The first is from the D&D 3.5 DM guide, and the second is Guild Wars 2 concept art. I couldn't find an image of a Dark Elf in Full plate, so please remember that Elessir is a Dark Elf, not a Human.
    Last edited by Endless Rain; 02-25-2014 at 12:04 AM.
    I am waiting for the relaunch before playing Worlds of Magic, so I don't check the forums as often as I used to. In the meantime, the main forum I post at is RPG.net, if anyone here needs to contact me.

Kyor can't have 18 spell circles.

12 points + 6 points from negative disciplines = 18 points. Aaron said it was 1 point per circle, so it is possible if Kyor takes no positive disciplines and does not take circle mastery.
    I am waiting for the relaunch before playing Worlds of Magic, so I don't check the forums as often as I used to. In the meantime, the main forum I post at is RPG.net, if anyone here needs to contact me.

sample_3f7d8b45d546f660ec2850658cb685fe.jpg

Name: Loralia
    Magic: Earth 6, Water 1, Augmentation 2
    Disciplines: Archmage, Lucky
    Disposition: Defensive, City Builder.
    Strategy: Loralia uses her ability to call upon all the most common summons to flesh out her army, and will commonly use many cheap units, augmented with magic to make them more effective.
    Personality: Whimsical
    Factions: Insectiods (Common)

Loralia is the newest and youngest High Queen of the Insectoids, only recently coronated after her mother's unexpected death. While still inexperienced compared to her predecessors, Loralia has proven to be a true prodigy in the arts of magic, and seems to be having an endless string of good luck in dealing with situations. Hopefully, she will have a long and successful reign.
    Last edited by Happerry; 02-25-2014 at 10:22 PM.

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    I know Aaron has said 12 picks, plus the potential additional 6 from negatives - which does indeed equal 18.
    But it just feels wrong to allow a Sorcerer Lord to take 9 Tiers in 2 different Circles.

My 2 cents.

Name: Neve
    Magic: Water 9, Air 1
    Disciplines: Savant, Expansionist, Charismatic
    Negative Disciplines: Careless
    Disposition: Aggressive, Risk Taking, Daring.
    Strategy: Neve is highly aggressive, but will honor any pacts unless she is betrayed first.
    Personality: Adrenalin Junkie
    Factions: Orcs (Common), High Men (Common), Dwarves (Common), Grey Elves (Uncommon)

Neve is a young mage, but has mastered the circle of water with unbelievable speed. She primary uses those skills to seek out one danger after another, being prone to a highly risky behavior type as a partial result of her low attention span and desire for excitement.

(Honestly, I mainly just wanted a ice/water mage who didn't subscribe to the frigid passionless ice queen archetype...)
    Last edited by Happerry; 03-10-2014 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ampoliros View Post
    I know Aaron has said 12 picks, plus the potential additional 6 from negatives - which does indeed equal 18.
    But it just feels wrong to allow a Sorcerer Lord to take 9 Tiers in 2 different Circles.

My 2 cents.
    I think it's fine as long as a sorcerer lord can't take circle mastery for either circle. If you don't like a sorcerer lord you can always decide to not play as or against them.

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

Happerry, the images of Eve and Loralia don't seem to be working. I like all of your three sorcerer lords though.

Quote Originally Posted by Endless Rain View Post

Happerry, the images of Eve and Loralia don't seem to be working. I like all of your three sorcerer lords though.
    Hopefully fixed now.

Also, have one more for the day..

EyeOfFlameBeholderDetail1.jpg

Name: Eyegor the Tyrant
    Magic: Mentalism 8, Destruction 4
    Disciplines: Hypnotist, Blood Mage, Battlecaster
    Negative Disciplines: Tyrant, Merciless, Boorish
    Disposition: Aggressive, Untrustworthy.
    Strategy: Eyegor will suck up to anyone stronger then him, and viciously attack anyone who shows a hint of weakness. He particularly likes taking control of your own units and attacking you with them. His own units will usually be low level and weak, and mainly deployed to get your own units within range to be mind controlled. And anything he can not control, he will use his skills in Destruction to.. well, destroy.
    Personality: Eyegor, when it comes down to it, is one giant bully. If you are weaker, you will be abused. If you are stronger, he will shamelessly suck up to keep you from kicking him.
    Factions: Anything but the Unhallowed.
    Last edited by Happerry; 02-24-2014 at 11:56 PM.

Another revision from the original thread:

Name: Avarielle (Grey Elf)
    Magic: Life 9, Earth 3
    Disciplines: Potion Master, Expansionist, Mentor, Ascetic, Merciless
    Disposition: Expansionist
    Strategy: Avarielle prefers to expand as quickly as she can and then defend her empire. She will seek to conquer other races quickly then use their strengths to improve her empire. She loves to place stacks of units near nodes, forts, and other strategic locals. Since she's Ascetic, she spends a lot of her income on military upkeep.
    Personality: Avarielle prefers to be left alone to cultivate her realm. It is easy to negotiate a wizard pact (non-aggression pact) with her, but exceedingly difficult to negotiate an alliance or mutual defense pact. It is also very rare for her to declare war without first being attacked; however, once that door is opened though, lookout! She is quite unforgiving.
    Factions: Grey Elves(common), High Men (Uncommon), Myrodants (Rare)
    General Description: A strong matriarch with a strict set of values regarding life, nature, and war, Avarielle rules her realm with an iron fist. Placing stacks of units at gates, nodes, and resources will create a different play challenge for players. I don't know if it's a good strategy. Only playtesting will tell, but at least it will be something unexpected.

Concept art:

GreyElfLord.jpg
    Last edited by Troy_Costisick; 02-25-2014 at 11:45 PM.
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast