Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WoM text on Google Drive here

Mage’s Assistant
    More difficult question, for both Trudd and Hoverdog, I've seen that you translated World Feature as "particularité de terrain"
    that in English would sound more "particularity of the terrain" or characteristic. But
    World Features are more things "above" the terrain, so I tried with Attractions, like could be a theatre, a circus, an important palace, etc. Would it make more sense?

Hmmm. It's more like a "Point of Interest" or "Site".

Mage’s Assistant
    I like Point of Interest

Feature is a word that cannot be directly translated in french.
    If this also mean a mine or a special resource, it is a little more complex.
    That why i translated it by particularity...
    Let's go for "site"...

Another thing.
    Something is missing?
    eventGaiasCursedesc = Mother Earth is furious. Her cur

Is their any way to have a link to an unmodifiable english version, in order to verify the translation?
    Last edited by Trudd; 02-27-2014 at 05:18 PM.

Neophyte Sorcerer
    Quote Originally Posted by Trudd View Post
    Is their any way to have a link to an unmodifiable english version, in order to verify the translation?
    I can see that many works have been already done! Sounds great but the original version would be definitely a plus.
    Besides, how do we make reviews/corrections? I have seen and corrected missing accents and small mistakes here and there but if I have an amendment to submit, do I create a new thread in the forum or do we use notes and colors in the TXT (with a legend at the beginning of the document)?

how many guys work on the French Translation ?

Neophyte Sorcerer
    I assume I'm the fifth.

We will be sending you a game build in a week or so.

You can check the original by selecting "See revision history" in the google drive, and selecting the first version. I will probably add you all to a normally updated English version too, when there are enough changes made to it.

Besides, how do we make reviews/corrections? I have seen and corrected missing accents and small mistakes here and there but if I have an amendment to submit, do I create a new thread in the forum or do we use notes and colors in the TXT (with a legend at the beginning of the document)?
    You probably should discuss that among yourselves, the translators, here in the forums. Using notes and colors should be enough IMO.

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

If there's anything missing, just leave it alone for the time being. The game's text is constantly updated.

Neophyte Sorcerer
    Hey guys,
    I have seen in the beginning of the document that Damage was translated into "Dommage".
    Don't you prefer "Dégâts" instead ??

Ok
    I see Eider (tranzparents?) made (is making) some translations. By the way, the "See revision history" (historique des révisions du menu Fichier) is nice.
    maybe should we select one colour each. I add a commentary at the beginning of the Txt. I will be the red

In order to to not making the translation of the same sentence at the same time, we should assign a paragraph to a translator
    ie : I translate spells. So I coloured the line "//spell" in red.
    The next translator should translate the next paragraph...

Is that good for you?

PS:
    FlameArrow = Flame Arrow
    is written twice

PS2:
    How do we translate Node? I thought about keeping Node (une node) to stay close to MoM
    Last edited by Trudd; 03-01-2014 at 02:25 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast