Thread: WoM text on Google Drive here

WoM text on Google Drive here

Here's the link to the WoM text on Google Drive:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...tbL2vGpVo/edit

You need to be added to be able to view and edit. I've sent invitation to alghero so far.

The english text is not complete yet. I will be filling any blanks left (and adding new stuff) all the time (using a specific color or somesuch to let you know what is new).

We will send you a game build in early March.
    If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask

Mage’s Assistant
    I have a question, can be quite complex for English native speakers. In Neo-Latin languages we have a "you" formal (usually used with older people, teachers, business and so on) and an informal "you" (used between friends or in all informal situations).
    Which kind of translation would you prefer? A more formal or a more informal? Usually in video-games either are used depending on the context.
    To be more precise in Italian you can use the informal you: "Inizia il tuo turno!",
    the formal you: "Inizia il suo turno!"
    or something more anonymous: "Inizia il turno!" or "Inizia il turno del giocatore!"
    (all translations of the same sentence "Player turn starts!").
    The most common are the first and the third, but want to keep consistent with other translations.
    Thanks

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

I though also that I will fire here some requests of explanations.
    What is meant by:
    - High Men (high in the meaning noble? tall? leaving on mountains?)
    - combat_passedSavingThrow = {0} successfully passed {1} saving throw! (can I have an example?)
    - //weapon special abilities

WeaponAcid = Acidic
    WeaponFlame = Flaming
    , etc. In which context are they used? I mean will be used in a sentence like Weapon Acidic or something else? I need all possible substantive before that adjective because we have distinction between masculine and feminine in Italian

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

event_AddProductionMultiplier_negative_desc_applie d = Production in {1} decreases by {0}%.
    This should be Production decreases by {0}%.
    as event_AddGoldProduction_desc_applied = Gold production increases by {0}%.
    right? (without the {1} as all other _applied entries

I have a question, can be quite complex for English native speakers. In Neo-Latin languages we have a "you" formal (usually used with older people, teachers, business and so on) and an informal "you" (used between friends or in all informal situations).
    Which kind of translation would you prefer? A more formal or a more informal? Usually in video-games either are used depending on the context.
    To be more precise in Italian you can use the informal you: "Inizia il tuo turno!",
    the formal you: "Inizia il suo turno!"
    or something more anonymous: "Inizia il turno!" or "Inizia il turno del giocatore!"
    (all translations of the same sentence "Player turn starts!").
    The most common are the first and the third, but want to keep consistent with other translations.
    Thanks
    I know what you mean (we also have this formal you in Polish). I suppose we should go with the informal "you"; the formal one feels weird in a game, and I'm not a big fan of an impersonal Player.

- High Men (high in the meaning noble? tall? leaving on mountains?)
    Noble. And I can see it being an uncomfortable translation - High Elves are pretty common in fantasy and we got used to it, but High Men are MoM-specific.

- combat_passedSavingThrow = {0} successfully passed {1} saving throw! (can I have an example?)
    Swordsmen successfully passed Reflex saving throw!

WeaponAcid = Acidic
    WeaponFlame = Flaming , etc. In which context are they used? I mean will be used in a sentence like Weapon Acidic or something else? I need all possible substantive before that adjective because we have distinction between masculine and feminine in Italian
    They're item enchantments, and right now it will show only when inspecting an item (as a single word, not in a sentence)

event_AddProductionMultiplier_negative_desc_applie d = Production in {1} decreases by {0}%.
    This should be Production decreases by {0}%.
    as event_AddGoldProduction_desc_applied = Gold production increases by {0}%.
    right? (without the {1} as all other _applied entries
    Yeah, good catch.

Mage’s Assistant
    They're item enchantments, and right now it will show only when inspecting an item (as a single word, not in a sentence)
    Yep that's my problem: Weapon = Arma = Feminine, Item = Oggetto = masculine... Will use masculine then. So Holy Weapon should be only Holy right?

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

event_AddNodePowerIncomeMultiplier_negative_desc = Power gained from nodes is increased by {0}%.
    The code says negative_desc is right to say is increased? Or should be is decreased?

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

eventGaiasCursedesc = Mother Earth is furious. Her cur
    This sentence is not completed

Last edited by alghero; 02-26-2014 at 05:07 PM.