Thread: WoM text on Google Drive here

WoM text on Google Drive here

Here's the link to the WoM text on Google Drive:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...hfmpRqLIA/edit

You need to be added to be able to view and edit. I've sent invitation to Litch so far.

The english text is not complete yet. I will be filling any blanks left (and adding new stuff) all the time (using a specific color or somesuch to let you know what is new).

We will send you a game build in early March.
    If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask

Arcane Candidate
    Super great to be on this project And thrilled to help, already worked my way trough the two first pages.
    Just have some small questions as to translations

combat_criticalRoll; This if I understand correct is about a dice/chance roll as to hit correct?
    combat_criticalThreat; Is about threat being build up on units when performing attacks, kinda like threat on boss creatures?
    MeleeGaze; Is damaged done by looking correct? As in fixed stare on another unit?
    event_PowerStop_desc; Are we talking power as in might or electricity?

And the following
    MiscStr =
    MiscDex =

MiscCon =
    MiscInt =
    MiscWis =
    MiscCha =

Let me know and I try my best to make a correct translation

Quote Originally Posted by Litch View Post
    combat_criticalRoll; This if I understand correct is about a dice/chance roll as to hit correct?
    It's the second roll confirming a critical hit after a 20 on the To Hit roll.
    combat_criticalThreat; Is about threat being build up on units when performing attacks, kinda like threat on boss creatures?
    For a critical hit to happen, an attack must first roll 20 (or less with specific weapons) on To Hit, and then hit on another To Hit roll. Critical threat is directly after the first roll: a 20 is rolled, the hit may be critical depending on the second roll.
    MeleeGaze; Is damaged done by looking correct? As in fixed stare on another unit?
    What do you mean, exactly?
    event_PowerStop_desc; Are we talking power as in might or electricity?
    Power = the total of magical force a Sorcerer Lord gains every turn from nodes, buildings, etc., that he can spend on research, mana and spellcraft.

And the following
    MiscStr =
    MiscDex =

MiscCon =
    MiscInt =
    MiscWis =
    MiscCha =

Let me know and I try my best to make a correct translation
    These are item enchantments that add points to attributes. Leave the blanks for now, I'll be adding missing English texts later.

Mage’s Assistant
    MeleeGaze; Is damaged done by looking correct? As in fixed stare on another unit? What do you mean, exactly?
    Yeah that gave me quite a problem to me too...
    It's a gaze attack, like those of Medusa for example... Difficult to translate in my Italian...

Arcane Candidate
    Haven't made much on it after I posted last time.
    Got an exam just around the corner but will take a crack at it once thats done

Arcane Candidate
    Do you still need help with this? If so I volunteer. I've worked as a professional translator in the past and have translated Danish, German, English, Swedish and Norwegian into other said languages.

Arcane Candidate
    Wow... danish translation.

Not that I am against it, but danes are probably among the most fluent non-native english speaking/reading population in the world...
    My daughter (7) have english in school now, and already knows basic words, which will increase rapidly the next 2-3 years.

But if all the work is being done by volunteers it's all good I guess
    Otherwise, Scandinavian translations are mostly a wasted effort.