Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Biomancy/Air spells tiers 1 - 8

Sinking a tile has one big balance problem: what if there's a city, or even an army, on the tile? Should it be gone just like that? A saving throw? And if a saving throw is passed, what would happen - does the spell fail or the army is magically moved to another tile?
    This one is not that easy.

Battlemage
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoverdog View Post
    Yes, I understand that air affects each and every terrain, but we're not doing climatology here, and I think most terraforming should go elsewhere.

I think teleport should be here, simply because it's Air and it doesn't fit anywhere else (summoning is full)
    So your logic is that a spell that does not make sense should go in while a spell that makes sense should not? I honestly disagree here. Let's not make biomancy the place where we pack all the junk that doesn't fit anywhere else. Actually we could easily remove one air summon and replace it with teleport. Other spheres have holes. Why is air special in this regard and needs to have a full unit list?

I'm going to +1 the Winds of Change personally. Air definitely should have terraforming.

Actually instead of pure Teleport I much prefer city based earth gate system.

Mage of the Lesser Tower
    I think Teleport makes perfect sense here - you convert them into pure Energy, and blip them where you want them. Biomancy is the only field that can preserve both the positive and negative energies swirling in almost everyone.

Teleport makes sense to me, too. Although, I could perhaps see it as an Air/Mentalism spell too.
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

Battlemage
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy_Costisick View Post
    Teleport makes sense to me, too. Although, I could perhaps see it as an Air/Mentalism spell too.
    Fair enough to both interpretations. However I actually do like the mentalism take on this. Partially because it makes me think psychoportation disciplines from DnD which were actually psionic teleport powers (including teleport and teleportation circle). Partially because I still would like to see winds of change here.

Yea, I see both sides here as well. Biomancy seems like a bit of a stretch, but it could work.
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Mage of the Lesser Tower
    I don't think that fits our Mentalism, though. Something like Displace Image would be great Mentalism, but not actually Teleporting. Mentalism changes minds and perceptions. If we expand Mentalism to encapsulate "Psionics", then it stops being a category and becomes anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Lintking View Post
    I don't think that fits our Mentalism, though. Something like Displace Image would be great Mentalism, but not actually Teleporting. Mentalism changes minds and perceptions. If we expand Mentalism to encapsulate "Psionics", then it stops being a category and becomes anything.
    I would disagree.
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234