Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Unit Lord

Mage of the Inner Tower Endless Rain's Avatar
    I like the disciplines in Aarons build, but I think a unit lord needs Augmentation.
    I am waiting for the relaunch before playing Worlds of Magic, so I don't check the forums as often as I used to. In the meantime, the main forum I post at is RPG.net, if anyone here needs to contact me.

And biomancey for healing?

I would prefer Biomancy or Biomancy+Augmentation over Fire.
    Ive made 2 different builds for an Insectoid Expansionist Biomancy Sorcerer and 2 different builds for an Orc Warlord/Shaman hybrid Unit Lord with Augmentation and Biomancy over at the Sorcerer Lord thread yesterday.
    Last edited by Mardagg; 03-14-2014 at 04:26 PM.

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Alright, it looks like the view is certainly split here. I'm going to propose a build and see what kind of reaction we get, then we'll go from there. So, here it is:

Name: SomeGalOrGuy
    Magic (8): Fire 8
    Disciplines (4): Enlightened (1), Healer (1), Purveyor (1), Warlord (1)
    Negative Disciplines (0): None

Now, to start with you may be scratching your head at my choice of Fire, but there's a good explanation. First, I think having a powerful Fire user to stand opposite Neve is a good idea. However, there's a lot more to it than that. The concept is to have a Sorcerer Lord that uses units as their main military crowbar. My Discipline choices are obvious as they give their units more experience, faster natural healing, less upkeep, and higher top level. Although it may not be equally obvious, Fire fits right in here. There are spells in Fire that do AoE damage to loosen up large numbers of enemies, there are higher damage single target spells to help take down difficult opponents, there are summons to serve as fodder, mind effects like Confusion to throw the enemy off. My thought is that this Sorcerer Lord would use a low number of well placed spells in battle to give his army the edge it needs to win.

I'm not sure how you guys will react here. You've surprised me more than once during all this, lol. However, rest assured, I could use this guy to stomp a mud-hole in my enemies with my unstoppable legions.

So, thoughts?
    I like this build. My suggestion would be to give this build it's own thread.

Mage of the Inner Tower War Troll's Avatar
    62 Troll Drive, Troll Town, Plane of Myrror
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Alright, it looks like the view is certainly split here. I'm going to propose a build and see what kind of reaction we get, then we'll go from there. So, here it is:

Name: SomeGalOrGuy
    Magic (8): Fire 8
    Disciplines (4): Enlightened (1), Healer (1), Purveyor (1), Warlord (1)
    Negative Disciplines (0): None
    I'll +1 it so long as we call them 'Sumgai Orgal' or 'Sumgarl Orgai' for an in-joke! Maybe some kind of Mongol Warlord/Warlordess

EDIT- and an Orc! I don't think we have any Orc SL's.
    Last edited by War Troll; 03-15-2014 at 02:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by War Troll View Post
    I'll +1 it so long as we call them 'Sumgai Orgal' for an in-joke! Maybe some kind of Mongol Warlord/Warlordess
    I like that idea.
    I could live with Fire if we end up following that route...but imo some kind of Mongol influence screams for Expansionist and Traveler disciplines.
    And Healer doesnt technically work with this build as Jamoecw pointed out.

OK, there are a number of directions we could go here. Two have fairly good support. We need to look at each.

First we all seem to agree on these minimum Disciplines:

Enlightened (1), Healer (1), Purveyor (1), Warlord (1)

We may add others in, but we need those. (Even if we don't all completely agree, this is just going to be a matter of tweaking things.)

Now, for Spell Circles we're looking at Fire or Augmentation/Biomancy. Really the breakdown is more Elemental Vs. Effects based unit support. Any of the elements are going to have a number of spells you can use to support your troops on the battlefield. Augmentation/Biomancy are going to directly effect the troops and then let them do the work.

So, who's for what?

+1s for Fire?

+1s for Augmentation and/or Biomancy?

I'm going to leave this post until Monday (tomorrow being Sunday and all). It may take us a couple of days to wrap this one up, but it will be worth it if we can come up with something everyone generally feels good about
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    +1 for Fire

Mage of the Inner Tower Endless Rain's Avatar
    +1 for Augmentation.
    I am waiting for the relaunch before playing Worlds of Magic, so I don't check the forums as often as I used to. In the meantime, the main forum I post at is RPG.net, if anyone here needs to contact me.

+1 for Augmentation

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast