Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Unit Lord

+ 1 Augmentation/Biomancy, with Biomancy at least at Tier 5 to get Healer(2) in, which I really would like to see on the Unit Lord.

Archmage of the Outer Ring jamoecw's Avatar
    a weak +1 for biomancy (just for the healer discipline, i am neutral between fire and augmentation, which i'd prefer over biomancy if not for healer requirements).

I would +1 to Fire/Biomancy hybrid as well.

It's look like it make take a bit of work to get a consensus here, lol. The problem that I see is marking the difference between this build and our Markas build. Take a look here to review:

Markas

Now, as you can see he's got a touch of elements and a touch of both Biomancy and Augmentation. The difference in the Disciplines certainly separates the two, but I think it needs more than that. What I propose is a Fire/Augmentation combo.

Magic (8): Fire 2, Augmentation 6
    Disciplines (4): Enlightened (1), Healer (1), Purveyor (1), Warlord (1)
    Negative Disciplines (0): None

Again, this build has access to a number of fire spells that can summon, destroy, confuse, etc, albeit at a low tier. They can basically be used to loosen up an enemy or summon a little fodder. Having tier 6 Augmentation will allow you to enchant units with things like flight, which is a big plus. Also, you'll have access to tier 8 Fire/Augmentation spells. That will allow you to give your units some real teeth. I dropped Biomancy because I think this build focuses on buffing units until they don't take damage or keeping them alive until the end of battle in some other way. After they are out of battle accelerated healing will help them get back to the fight.

I think this is a solid build that is far enough from Markas to be distinct.

Anyone support this build?
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Battlemage
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    It's look like it make take a bit of work to get a consensus here, lol. The problem that I see is marking the difference between this build and our Markas build. Take a look here to review:

Markas

Now, as you can see he's got a touch of elements and a touch of both Biomancy and Augmentation. The difference in the Disciplines certainly separates the two, but I think it needs more than that. What I propose is a Fire/Augmentation combo.

Magic (8): Fire 2, Augmentation 6
    Disciplines (4): Enlightened (1), Healer (1), Purveyor (1), Warlord (1)

Again, this build has access to a number of fire spells that can summon, destroy, confuse, etc, albeit at a low tier. They can basically be used to loosen up an enemy or summon a little fodder. Having tier 6 Augmentation will allow you to enchant units with things like flight, which is a big plus. Also, you'll have access to tier 8 Fire/Augmentation spells. That will allow you to give your units some real teeth. I dropped Biomancy because I think this build focuses on buffing units until they don't take damage or keeping them alive until the end of battle in some other way. After they are out of battle accelerated healing will help them get back to the fight.

I think this is a solid build that is far enough from Markas to be distinct.

Anyone support this build?
    Healer costs 2 picks and requires either 5 ranks in life or biomancy. Maybe you were thinking potion master?

Yes,Beregar, thanks for catching that, lol. Everyone replace Healer with Potion Master in your mind's eye.

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    I still think this is just too close to our hero lord/Markas, myself..
    The Wiki.

I don't feel that the new build is. Although Fire may be a link we can sever. At the moment they share two feats (which help both builds) and Fire 2. Markas does have Augmentation, but on a much smaller scale, so I don't feel that's an issue.

We could swap out Fire for Air. It would be an interesting and less destructive element.

Magic (8): Air 2, Augmentation 6
    Disciplines (4): Enlightened (1), Potion Master (1), Purveyor (1), Warlord (1)

Thoughts?

*I should have said "less obviously destructive". Air is still plenty destructive, lol.
    Last edited by Aaron; 03-17-2014 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Slight change.

+1 to the new build.

Caster of the Inner Tower
    +1 for the new build

PS : sorry for not being very active those days, I'm in holidays in Ecuador

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast