Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Titans

+1 to Lyrandraste
    Elder Dragon, Grand Chancellor x 2, Conjurer x 2, and some other type of Backer

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    Fenrir and/or Garm from Norse legends

The neat thing about Fenrir is one of the legends with him is drinking his blood turns the subject into a werewolf, but these werewolves can shapeshift at will and can only die by beheading.
    Last edited by ampoliros; 03-17-2014 at 10:00 PM.

Mage of the Inner Tower War Troll's Avatar
    62 Troll Drive, Troll Town, Plane of Myrror
    Some Kraken takes-

Black Scylla

Description-

There will always be those that seek power and domination over others, but when those individuals are Titans, the very Planes themselves shake. Such is the case of Scylla the damned, Scylla the Dread, Scylla the Exile. Though most races have long since forgotten the true story of Scylla, the legend of his banishment to the Oceans is a familiar one- he sought domination over his peers and was defeated in turn.

Motivations-

Obtaining the favour of Scylla is not an easy task. Huge tribute and sacrifice is necessary. If this is attained, the seas are not safe for anyone else, including any cities unfortunate to be on the coast.
    It is also said his very gaze burns the souls of those unlucky enough to do look into his eyes, but that is likely a myth...

Kraken Mother

Description-

Said to be Mother to all Sea Monsters, the Kraken Mother, whose true name is lost to time, dwells in the crushing depths of the Ocean. Although said to take on any form she wishes, those very few said to have spied her say she had the form of a gigantic Lobster. When roaming the seas she is truly formidable, and on the rare occasion she takes to the coastal areas, death and destruction is sure to follow.

Motivation-

Feeding and sleeping in 100 year cycles, only those well versed in Titan Lore know the time, place and correct rituals where she can be bargained with. Covered in armour that can withstand the pressures of the depths, it is said only another Titan has any chance against the Kraken Mother.

Archmage of the Outer Ring jamoecw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WyldeRhide View Post
    I don't care for the idea of an Undead Torin. He was so Holy that he would be beyond the call of death magic. He'd either be out there crusading for his God or with his God in the afterlife and protected.
    torin was the god of life incarnate, new to physical form (which is why he was as weak as he was, if you can call torin weak). i too find it odd that the god of life could become undead, perhaps another sould displaced him in his body, gaining torin's abilities, but becoming undead? but torin himself becoming undead is a bit too silly.

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    -1 for Undead Torin.
    The Wiki.

Vendral the Eldest

SlayTheDragon.jpg

Description-

Vendral is the oldest dragon still alive. He dates back from the very dawn of time, and has over the course of the ages slain all rivals who could dispute that title. Nowadays he finds little to his intrest, and sleeps for thousands of years underneath his mountainous home. But during those rare times when he awakes, whole kingdoms will burn..

Motivations-

Little can truly sway Vendral's attentions in these later ages. The most likely to succeed offers take into account the great hunger he must fill after sleeping for thousands of years without even a snack, as well as truly legendary amounts of gold for his hoard. Ancient artifacts from bygone ages can also sometime gain his greedy eye, to help him remember younger, more exciting ages.
    The Wiki.

Mage of the Lesser Tower
    +1 for our Torin-homage to be a Champion, and not a Titan. More than that... I think probably doesn't belong in the Titans thread. So, time to read up on how to do fancy text stuff!

But first - everything's been pretty cool so far, but I would give particular +1s for Black Scylla and the Kraken Mother, and the Father of Wolves.

Nemesis

Description
    Nemesis is an alien being, from beyond the Planes humans have explored. Whatever she is, she is only seen during times of great magic; times when the Sorcerer Lords rise. And even then, she comes on her own terms. She will aid a Lord of her own choosing, in her own ways; never truly controlled, but ever so helpful. Her aid comes with a price, though... not up-front, of course. No. Deals with the devil don't work that way. Nemesis takes her price at the end.

Motivations
    Nemesis feeds on death and loss and trickery. The greater the death, the more she gains. By preference, she works through others, only appearing personally when her own possible rewards are the greatest - when another Titan, or a Sorcerer Lord, is directly involved. She's never really on anyone's side but her own, but to the Lord she comes to, she can be a powerful boon.

Effects
    Nemesis can't be found; she comes to you. Once at least one other Titan is `claimed', Nemesis becomes a possible Random Event -- anyone who has enough Fame, and at least a certain number of Heroes or Champions (3 or 4, I think), has a small chance that she will offer herself to them. When she joins you, each of your Heroes is offered a powerful magic item.

Nemesis herself is never a Unit that you can move around on the Strategic board. However, when she has joined you, whenever you are in battle with another Titan or at a Lord's Fortress - whether you start the fight, or are attacked - she will appear on the Battle screen as one of your Units. She's a powerful spellcaster in her own right, and even if she is `killed' in that battle, she will reappear the next time her conditions are met. She is, in fact, very difficult to get rid of once you've accepted her offer of aid. Which can be a problem, because at the beginning of each of your turns, if no Titans are currently controlled by any of your opponents, she leaves. And each of your Heroes has a 50% chance of going with her, lured away by her promises of greater glory in another world.

In other words, she's a very powerful element that can be used directly against other Titans and even to destroy other Sorcerer Lords. She will always appear when your Fortress is attacked, too, making her an excellent defensive advantage. But she's never really `controlled'; the rest of the time, her aid comes in having boosted all of your Heroes with her artifacts. And if you use her to eliminate the last Titan controlled by your enemy... or even if they attack you with it, and you kill it defending yourself... or even if the other Sorcerer Lords kill it without you... she leaves, taking a few of your Heroes when she goes. Is her aid worth it? That, of course, is up to you. Maybe you can win the game without taking out those other Titans at all. Then her price never even comes up. And while her price is very high when it comes, unlike most Titans, she doesn't charge anything up front.

And if you turn her down when she comes to you, one of your opponents might well take her offer instead.

Quote Originally Posted by WyldeRhide View Post
    I don't care for the idea of an Undead Torin. He was so Holy that he would be beyond the call of death magic. He'd either be out there crusading for his God or with his God in the afterlife and protected.
    Actually I love the undead Torin. The irony is so juicey.

I personally detest the idea with the fire of a thousand annoyed suns.
    The Wiki.

Battlemage
    I like the idea of a zombie dragon or the eldest living (or unliving) dragon.

I'd also like to see some legendary birds like the Phoenix or Thunderbird.

In general I like the idea of titans being elder creatures or lords of some impressive monstrous creatures (i.e. the giant king).
    Last edited by Beregar; 03-19-2014 at 03:54 PM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast