Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Titans

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    +1 for a Phoenix Titan.
    The Wiki.

treeman.jpg

Stormbranch could not remember, Where, and when he was born. In his mind, he just was, and had always been, here in Arncrow Forest. An elf creature, had once told him that he was born of the magic of a powerful sorcerer Lord, a millennium before. If that was true, Stormbranch did not know for sure. What he was sure of was the humans had now burned, and cut most of his home to the ground. He had killed and driven off, The loggers and Lumberjacks, but now from the edge of what was left of his forest, he could see an army of humans approaching his home, with spears and fire. Tears of sap welled in his eyes, as he realized he would lose his home to these locusts, these humans. He was overcome with rage. They would pay dearly, and with blood....

+1 Phoenix
    Elder Dragon, Grand Chancellor x 2, Conjurer x 2, and some other type of Backer

+1 to Stormbranch. I find it interesting.

Mage of the Inner Tower War Troll's Avatar
    62 Troll Drive, Troll Town, Plane of Myrror
    A Treant Titan sounds great +1.

Archmage of the Outer Ring jamoecw's Avatar
    +1 for both a treant titan and a phoenix/thunderbird/roc titan.

+1 for Phoenix.

+1 for Treeant, I like Stormbranch

+100 for Elder Dragon/Dragon Mother, not Undead though.

I would be ok if Torin ends up being "just" a champion. Making him Undead was just a very creative from the life Tier thread I thought, but is much less important to me than him being generally in the game in some way.

I plan to do some more individual posts about titans tomorrow. So, throw in some ideas today
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Mage of the Inner Tower War Troll's Avatar
    62 Troll Drive, Troll Town, Plane of Myrror
    The Overlord

Description-

A once-powerful Lord of Titans now confined to his Fortress for siding with the losing faction during an Age-old Civil War. He who once thirsted for Dominance and led innumerable slave armies now sits upon a lonely throne, his Fortress cursed to move between the Planes and perhaps even elsewhere...

Motivation-

Though no longer able to leave his prison of his own volition, wherever the Fortress is bands of Slave Soldiers spill out into the world. Those brave or foolish enough to defeat the guardians of his Fortress and free The Overlord will receive the services of a great destructive force with a heart full of vengeance.

Recruiting-

As if defeating an army of slave soldiers wasn't enough, the Fortress of The Overlord fades out of reality after 100 turns. Fail to release him in that time and both him and his fortress will be gone for good. Do so, and he will provide you with treasure as thanks as well as his own service (or perhaps 'agreement' would be more his way of percieving it!)

Primary weapons-

The Overlord uses dread bolts of negative energy to decimate opponents. For close-quarters he uses a Deadly Kris, large enough in his hands to be considered a Great Sword to mortals.

--------------------

Some of you may notice this guy is basically The Beast from the 1983 movie, Krull. Well yeah, cos I watched it a few days ago! The concept of a timed Titan challenge may be interesting.

Mage of the Lesser Tower
    Meep! OK; I'm keeping these two kind of deliberately vague, because 1) as I said in the Mechanics thread, am super busy today and kind of stealing time as it is...I've had these in my head for a couple days looking for time to write them down, and 2) I like the form we've got of setting up ideas here and fleshing them out individually, so... leaving room for future fleshing out if people like the concepts!

Mnemosyne -- Because it might be cool to have just one based on an actual Titan. <grin>

Not all of the Titans are giant monsters. Some represent the gentler side of power.
    Mnemosyne has lived as long as there have been people, and she has walked among them all. Even in the Unhallowed, she sees what can be good. It is difficult to draw her into choosing a side in a War, but if she can be - first found, and then enticed - she offers many boons to the Lord with whom she might choose to ally.

Effects
    Mnemosyne doesn't give you a Unit to move around the board. She manifests like a Global Enchantment, infusing your people with a peaceful calm. (-25% Unrest universally) She grants your Fortress City a protective sphere that shields it against any hostile magics, and she will send her nine daughters out, each to one of your other cities. They manifest as statues within the town, bringing +25% Population Growth and offering a powerful Nightshade-like effect -- not the complete magical immunity that Mnemosyne gives your home, but a strong Dispel that will re-cast every turn there is something to Dispel. If you lose one of these cities, the Daughter disappears, returning to her own home. Should you lose all nine Daughters, then Mnemosyne, too, will leave you, no longer finding you a fit steward for the Planes.

Vestromon

Long ago - several Cycles ago - Vestromon was a Champion. He served one of the Sorcerer Lords of his time loyally, bringing them many victories. One day, the Lord he served contacted one of his rivals to trade, as they sometimes did. That rival - a rather wicked Lord himself - offered Vestromon's patron access to very powerful magics in exchange for one thing: Vestromon's life.
    His Lord accepted.

As Vestromon died, he swore vengeance - and so broken was his spirit, so vehement his anger, that while he truly died... it lived on. To those who learn the proper rituals, it can now be called upon by those who have been betrayed. But Vengeance is a dark road, and Vestromon has become so twisted that he can only be called by an even greater act of betrayal. Once called, though, he is unwaveringly, unquestioningly, loyal to his new Master.

Effects
    Vestromon can only be called by someone after a Peace Treaty has been broken. Regrettably, the ritual to summon him involves betraying your own people: you must choose one of your own Cities to Raze. Not a Hamlet or a Town, mind you - a City of significant size.
    Vestromon actually takes the form of one of the least Heroes. But he is so very much more than that. The greatest tactician of his own time, with thousands of years of experience now behind him, Troops that he spends time with advance quickly. Troops that he directs, fight better. Units that he guides move faster. And he himself is, of course, far greater than he appears. He would have statistics based on whichever Hero he has taken the form of, but greatly enhanced, akin to the highest Champions.

...In MoM terms, your enemies will soon learn to fear the coming of Brax the Dwarf.

The overlord, could be interesting, my only fear is on the programming side of things, but if thats ok with Aaron et al then, it gets a +1 from me. Its like a quest sort of thing, to gain a Titan.

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

I think I could +1 Mnemosyne too, Thats an interesting take on a titan, and is different from "Roar, me crush you to goo" Same as above though I guess with regard to program requirements etc.
    Elder Dragon, Grand Chancellor x 2, Conjurer x 2, and some other type of Backer

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast